PDA

View Full Version : The Fight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jeremy
Sun, Sep-15-02, 09:56
I formally convey my presence to all those who frequent this forum. :D
I'm new (obviously) and would like to extend my thanks to the many people of this forum, I've been reading it for sometime, but just recently decided to make my presence known. My brain has sponged up much knowledge from the various helpful threads I've poured through on here. As such I'm going to contribute what little I can to this forum by posting my training regimen, starting tommorrow.
The emphasis of my program mainly revolves around weight training and Kick Boxing. I'll detail my little endeavors along the way for those of you who are interested, to read, and hopefully comment on. :)
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy.

itsjoyful
Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:25
Can't wait to hear your story/progress. Kickboxing has always been a fasination to me,but I've never been able to fit it in.
Keep us posted, and WELCOME :D
Peace,
Brenda

Jeremy
Mon, Sep-16-02, 07:36
Monday, Sept 16.

The first day of my new training program. Prior to this I trained extensively at kick boxing in preparation for a match (which I won :) ) and it's customary for me to cut back on the bag drills and such afterwards, as to avoid burn-out or injury. The emphasis of this program then, will be geared towards developing more power in my strikes, thus weight lifting will be the key concept, with some moderate interval training to keep my anaerobic capacity in good shape. I'm currently 170 pounds and 17% body fat and although I'm happy with that, the weight system in Kick Boxing goes as follows.

Super heavy weight --More than 210 Ibs.
Heavy Weight --- 190 to 209.9 Ibs.
Cruiserweight --- 180 to 189.9 Ibs.
Light Heavyweight --- 169 to 179.9 Ibs
Super Middleweight -- 161 to 168.9 Ibs.
Middleweight -- 155 to 160.9 Ibs

It goes on for a bit more and eventually arrives at the lightest of competitors Atomweights. My goal is to loose an additional ten pounds before the next bout, which will place me in the Middleweight range. Most fighters will try to fight in the lowest possible weight class without starving themselves, and I'm no exception. :D

My weight training for today consists of a double split.

Morning: Chest, Back

Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
Barbell Incline Press: (Same formula as above)
Dumbbell Flys: 3 sets 10, 8, 6 reps
Parallel Bar Dips: 3 sets 15, 10, 8 reps
Pullovers: 3 sets of 15 reps each

Weighted chin-ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
Close grip chins: 4 sets of 10 reps
Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 8 reps
T-Bar Rows: 4 sets 15, 12, 8, 6 reps

Evening: Thighs, Calves, Abdominal's

Squats: 5 sets 20, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
Front Squats: 4 Sets 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
Hack Squats: 3 Sets of 10 reps each
Leg Curls: 4 Sets 20, 10, 8, 6 reps
Roman Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6 reps

Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 8 reps

Abdominal work consists of a conditioning drill of my own devising which basically involves lots of crunches, hanging knee raises, and the usage of a good 'ole medicine ball.

LittleAnne
Fri, Jul-04-03, 02:10
Hi Jeremy

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

http://dingo.care-mail.com/photos/4529a.gif