PDA

View Full Version : Newbie alert.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Keighcee
Sat, Sep-14-02, 09:19
Hiyas,

I decided today, to join a forum where I know I'll be able to get the encoruagement and help, which I need to enable myself not to throw this plan out of the window.

I'm not new to low carb diets, the very first one I tried was Atkins. I didn't like the fact, you couldn't have fruit, so I was told by a friend to use Protien Power - which I have found, so easy to live off, of.

I started around May time (4 months ago) and have lost a total of 30lbs.

The problem is, I haven't really changed anything and I exercise a lot as well - both cardio and weights (as I work in a gym, I get free membership) - however, I've become stuck. I can totally understand this happens, but, I've been stuck for just over a month now - maybe slightly more.

The only dairy products I have to say, in which I consume in is cheese. But that's about it!

I have realised, I'm not eating - or should I say, not hungry enough to have tons of protien in my diet - could this be the problem? I'm not 'snacking' enough on protien?

Any advice, or help would be wonderful as I would like the scales to be tipping in the right directions.

Thanks.

-- Keighcee

Doug H
Sat, Sep-14-02, 09:25
Take a look at the CKD forum. A shift to the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet might shake things up for you particularly if you are weight training.

Keighcee
Sat, Sep-14-02, 09:26
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not actually weight training as such, it's more cardio really than anything else. But, I'll have a look. :)

ljclowater
Sat, Sep-14-02, 09:57
The weight training is what jump started the loss again for me. When I first started PP I lost without even exercising at all, then I needed to add cardio, then a few months later, weights. Now I haven't lost in a while, but my body is recompositioning like crazy, I like muscles!!!

Doug H
Sat, Sep-14-02, 13:01
Laura,
Your photos are really impressive. Great effort, great results.

Keighcee
Sat, Sep-14-02, 14:06
Originally posted by ljclowater
The weight training is what jump started the loss again for me. When I first started PP I lost without even exercising at all, then I needed to add cardio, then a few months later, weights. Now I haven't lost in a while, but my body is recompositioning like crazy, I like muscles!!!

Well done. Your before and after, are quite amazing. :) I too lost the majority of my 30lbs without the help of exercise on PP. But right now, I'm stuck on the scales. I just need to know why, and how I can stop it? :) I know it's bound to happen, I just need a way of getting back on the wagon, so to speak.

I do more cardio workout, than weights. And when doing weights, I only use light weights and more reps to give a more sculpted/toned body.