PDA

View Full Version : No more lurking down under ...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nesaea
Fri, Sep-13-02, 04:50
Hi all,

This is the first time I have posted a message on a forum, and also the first time I have tried a low carb WOE.
I'm pretty much a veteran at the old way though, having been on low fat for half my life, and having doubled my weight as a result :( .

I am on day -1 of this lc thing. I'm going to spend tomorrow getting rid of all my carbs, and stocking up on meat, cheese and veges to start in earnest on Sunday (not the cliched Monday!).

It's good to see a 'down under' community on this forum - I don't know anyone else doing low carb, and have never seen or heard of low carb products in this country before. I've already picked up some useful tips from the NZ'ers in this forum.

I've been lurking a bit and have been inspired by some of the successes I've read about - I can't wait to start and have some progress of my own to report.

Cheers :wave:

Nesaea

LittleAnne
Fri, Sep-13-02, 06:39
Hi Nesaea, great to have you joined the forum.

Glad to see that you have already found helpful information from other New Zealand colleagues.

I can imagine that it is easy to feel alone doing this way of life when many are not aware of the benefits of low carb and will sprout low fat, low calorie at you all the time.

After a year I am still going strong and after years of low fat dieting this WOL is having its rewards. The pounds are coming off slowly, but they are coming off.

You might want to think about starting a journal on this site. See sticky at the top of the forum. Here, you can not only record all your progress, but make friends from all over the world. I find mine a great motivator.

Enjoy the carb clearout and every success with Atkins.

wbahn
Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:37
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

There are definitely quite a few NZ'ers here and, as a lot, they seem to be some pretty good folks. You should be able to get a lot of help and support from them and everyone else.

Here's wishing you the best as you start a new journey in life tomorrow (I'm assuming that it's Saturday in NZ already - haven't looked).

Keep the Faith!