PDA

View Full Version : Induction - Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kirstym
Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:11
Is it possible to eat some peanuts in the induction? :confused:

Im a big lover of wine but as it is fulled with sugar :( I can't indulge in this, so if I have Gin with water or diet lemonade is this going to effect my induction greatly?

Have tested for ketosis but haven't had any change? When does it normally start to show?

DAY 4 on Atkins and I feel great!

lesleyc
Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:33
Hi Kirsty

OMG...a felow Wellingtonian!! I never thought that would happen :D

Peanuts...no not a good idea for induction. The trouble with nuts is that the cause some people to stall..plus it's pretty hard to moderate how many you have ;)

They are best left till after induction when your body has adjusted to the new way of eating and then you can be sure what impact they have for you.

Great to have another kiwi here ;)

Lesley

lesleyc
Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:37
Sorry Kirsty...just noticed you also asked about alcohol. Best left till after induction too.

Trouble with alcohol is that it is a fuel in it's own right, so when you have it your body will burn that for fuel ahead of fat, so you will delay your weight loss.

Things like gin and other spirits are ok every now and then after induction though.

Lesley