PDA

View Full Version : cheater cheater cheater

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

davelvnv
Thu, Sep-12-02, 15:18
:bash: Well darn it,here i am almost 8 months into diet and im screwing around.I started with a weight of 225,and got down to 168.Now im on this binge and have gone up to 182.I can'nt beleive iv let this happen,but my tight t shirt tells all.My mistake was eating sugarfree junk as well as my new addiction to diet coke.This store i found here has some really awsome tasting candy bars,shakes and other snacks that are sugar free,and no or very lo carbs.Guess it tricked my body-mind into cravings,so here i am.Be careful all,don'nt let it happen to you.Can you all give me a boost so i can get back on the diet,i would be gratefull.One more thing,my thanks to the good people that got this site togather,and all the good people here that help with there encouragement ,tips,advice.Dave,a.k.a. off the wagon in vegas.

Kristine
Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:36
Hi Dave,

Sugar free does not mean carb free, unfortunately. Not only can that stuff cause cravings (as you've noticed), but it probably sends your blood sugar up and down again. Apparently, there's considerable debate about what effect certain sweeteners have on blood sugar.

Anyway - stay away from that place! :( Rediscover how good eggs or a good steak can be. Remember not having those cravings? You probably know how to get back there. :)

Is anything else going on in your life that's making you run to the sweets, or just slipping back into old habits? Not being nosey, just curious. :)

Anyway, take care and have a good weekend... :thup:

davelvnv
Fri, Sep-13-02, 18:22
Hi Cristine,,Thanks for your reply.Its great to have this forum and nice ppl like yourself that are willing to lend a hand.When i first started the atkins i drank only un sweetened tea,decaf,with sweet n low.That worked great,then after a 4 day cheat i got bach in the diet.My life then as now is in a transitional stage of sorts,so maybe thats it.I also when getting back on diet after cheat started drinking diet coke.Used to hate the stuff,now i have a problem getting off it.It would not surprise me a bit if i have a eating disorder.Thanks again,and let me know what you think,im open to sugestions,Dave.