PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Eating Out

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

molly1844
Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:57
Sunday I had a fabulous lunch out with my daughter at O'Charley's. I was able to eat totally on plan.

I had a Black & Bleu Caesar Salad;strips of blackened sirlion on a bed of greens with Roma Tomatoes and a liberal sprinkling of bleu cheese.
Five Stars on the Yum! Scale. :)

I thought it might be a good idea to share our favorite "eating out" menus and restaurants.

Where do you like to go and what do you order that allows you to stay on Plan?

moly :heart:

Daisy0816
Thu, Sep-12-02, 20:45
A girlfriend of mine called me up and invited me to lunch the other afternoon. She insisted on going to Cracker Barrel. I assume that they are all over the US. Anyhoo...this place uses flour in EVERYTHING even the soda pop! :lol: As I was looking over the menu I scanned for some legal grub. It ain't easy finding these items either. Finally I found something safe.

Hamburger steak, no marinades or seasonings
green beans
side salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing.

It wasn't very tasty but it got the job done.

Hindsight I will always pack some SB legal ceasar dressing and order a grilled chicken ceasar salad. If I'm really hungry I can order some steamed broccoli to go with.

That's my choices!

Ehren

molly1844
Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:02
I used to Love Cracker Barrel .... mmmmmmmm Southern Cookin'. I haven't tried to eat there though since I started SB.

I find Applebees SB friendly ... I usually order Grilled Shrimp or the Chicken Fajitas (Pass on the tortillas).

At Wendy's I get chili or one of their salads.

molly

molly1844
Tue, Nov-19-02, 16:39
After my daughter & I wen to see the new Harry Potter movie on Sunday :thup: we stopped at the Flat Top Grill for lunch. YUM! and I think the food could be suitable for just about any plan.

If you have never been here's the scenario:
1st: you grab a bowl and put in your choice of rice. For SB they do have brown rice.

2nd: choose from an array of veggies and fruit. They have about everything.

3rd: choose a sauce.there must be at least a dozen types. I imagine that some of these have small anounts of cornstarch or sugar but there is a huge sign right above them that give the nutritional counts so you CAN make appropriate choices.

4th: choose the type of protein you want --- they have beef, chicken, fish, shrimp & tofu.

Last of all you take your bowl up to the grill where you decide if you want the whole thing stir fried and dumped on a bed of lettuce, made into a soup or just stir fried and left plain.

Its all you can eat so you can have a soup 1st if desired & then a hearty stir fry.

It was delicious! I will be going back there.

molly :rheart: