PDA

View Full Version : Bad, bad, I've been soooo bad...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Anessa
Tue, Sep-10-02, 13:14
Right now I pretty much hate myself. I can't believe I fell. I thought I could go off of LC for the weekends only. Well one weekend two weeks ago I stopped LC and didn't start back up on Monday. Here I am back at 195 lbs. I had worked so hard at losing those ten pounds. Why did I let this happen? I said to myself lets get back on again, but I just can't do it. I don't know why I just can't. I started up again on Sunday and could not handle the induction. I even left work early yesterday because I felt like my head was literally exploding. Someone help me...tell me I can do this...tell me how to survive induction again.

lesleyc
Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:14
Hi Anessa,

First of all, don't be so hard on yourself. If it was easy we would all be lean and nobody would ever put weight on! It takes time to adjust to this way of eating and you do have to fight with your body until it adjusts.

How to get back on the wagon? Choose 2 weeks when you have no social engagements which mean you have to eat outside of the house.

Pack up or throw out all the illegal foods in the house...take them well out of the way of temptation

Go shopping for legal indcution foods, then start induction again. Don't start without all of the above planning though. Then just take it one day at a time.

........and remember we are here to help

Lesley :)

Anessa
Wed, Sep-11-02, 07:42
I really appreciate your kind words. I read about people here cheating for a day or a meal, but I cheated for almost three weeks. I'm still really upset with myself. I had lost a total of 19 lbs. and now I gained back ten of those. I know I need to get back on, but I guess your right I need to do it in a week that I can concentrate just on Induction and not have three luncheon's at work in the same week along with a Birthday party (w/ cake) on Friday. I think that I will start again next Monday. I'll have to do my shopping on Sunday and a clean-up of the pantry along with that. For now I'm going to start back up with my water and stop drinking the soda. I am also laying off all bread. This is usually my major weakness, so maybe by doing this for the next five days. When I start Induction it may be alittle bit easier. Well once again Lesley thanks for the encouragement. It really makes a world of a difference to have someone offer your some kind words. Thanks :)

Lhelmick
Mon, Sep-16-02, 19:06
Hi Aneesa
I can sympathize. I am checking out this thread because I just lost 10 lbs and spent the last two days eating M&Ms, definitely NOT LC. I thought I would post my confession to get past it, but then realized that reading others confessions may help even more. By reading your post, I was thinking a few things:
1. if you keep beating yourself up, you wont allow yourself to feel strong and get back on the wagon
2. you are upset about gaining 10 lbs back, but if you delay getting back on track, the gain might be even more. why wait for the perfect time? There likely wont be one :)
I think you mentioned re-starting today (monday). If so, how did it go? Unfortunately I will be re-starting tomorrow. I wrote in my journal exactly what I will be eating - do you keep a journal and plan ahead?
It sounds like we are in the same boat with weight - Its so hard.
I do hope you have the strength to get back on track sooner rather than later and believe in yourself, not to mention let go of the guilt or it will eat you up (literally). Thank you for sharing your struggles, Its almost like hearing myself. You have served as a source of strength for me - wish me luck tomorrow and I look forward to hearing about your fresh start...

orchidday
Wed, Sep-18-02, 09:44
Just a quick thought - could you be bouncing off the plan because your body is craving something? I have found that the Atkin's Dieter's Advantage makes a big difference in my ability to stay "pure". Maybe it is the placebo effect, but I swear by the stuff. I also feel really icky during induction and I have found that extra potassium really gets rid of my headaches and overall misery. Maybe you are having trouble getting back on the band wagon because you dread how you will feel the first few days again. I would suggest; a great multi-vitamin, extra calcium for women, potassium, dieter's advantage, and a good Omega-3 supplement. I hate taking pills and I have trouble gagging on them. But for me, the supplements make all the difference in the world in how I feel, and my cravings go away. Keep posting! I really care about you and wish I could just give you a big hug (each of you)! You aren't alone, we are all struggling. Cindi

nicoleb
Mon, Oct-07-02, 21:58
hi!i can relate to you too!!im on my day2 second trial this time...i binged for 4 days but despite the gain im tryin to forgive myself and kinda suffer the consequences..my head feels like it has been hammered for several times but i just kept on going and hoping i would go thru this without the binge and lose!!!..lets all work hard for this!!

i tried fitday.com but i just find it too complicated to use..i dunno why..maybe im just stupid that i m having a hard time inputting stuffs but probably ill just place my journal here...gluck!!