PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] Lyle's book?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Sat, Jun-02-01, 08:02
Hi folks, does anyone have a copy of Lyle Mcdonald's book "The Ketogenic Diet"? It has been out of print so I'm trying to locate and buy a used copy from someone who has an extra copy or no longer needs it.

Wa'il

rainny
Sat, Jun-02-01, 13:32
No sorry...but I'll look around for you!
L:)RRAINE

Trainerdan
Sun, Jun-03-01, 04:54
Sorry Wa'il...

I got most of my info from Lyle ... but it was from back in his days before he wrote the book and he was still "thinking about writing it."

I used to contribute (and read, mostly) to weightsnet.com's daily newsletter. I haven;t been there in YEARS, so I don't know if he is still on there. They do have a bookstore section on there if I recall correctly ...

I will go there and e-mail the almighty websmaster and see if he can give any leads.

I would love to have his book.

FWIW, I got my original CKD info from Dr. Dan's book (bodyopus), but then I started to read Lyle's posts that kind of improved on Dan Duchaine's ideas.

Now that I think of it, I would like to have BOTH books ... LOL.

Both men take a scientific approach to it, which I enjoy.

While I'm in the shopping mood, Dr. Mario DiPasquale has his own version of it called "THE ANABOLIC DIET".

I take a hybrid of the 3, and tinkered with it till I got something that worked for me (and now Fern apparantly). Obviously, the basic principals are the same, but the workouts and carb-ups vary.

doreen T
Sun, Jun-03-01, 18:49
You can order Lyle McDonald's book direct from the man himself .. http://www.theketogenicdiet.com/My 323 page 6th printing is available immediately to your computer via PDF download (takes a few seconds to a few minutes max) for only $29.95 or you can also choose to order the paperback version which I'll mail to you in 3-4 days for only $39.95 + $3.95 shipping.

Sincerely,

Lyle McDonald - Author
The Ketogenic Diet
site updated 04/01.

I expect to see great results Wa'il -- I'm dying to see pics of yer abs too.. :D

Doreen (who has no abs, just a sagging bustline sitting atop some sort of fleshy shelf-thing)

tamarian
Sun, Jun-03-01, 18:54
Doreen, you're a search engine guru! I even had that site bookmarked ages ago and visited recently (yesterday!) and never found this page/option!!

As for abs, you show me yours and I'll show you mine! :p

Wa'il

tamarian
Sun, Jun-03-01, 20:06
I stand corrected, I didn't know about this link, I was thinking about ketogenic.com!

Your search skills are remarkable! Either that or I don't know how to search :) I've been on the hunt for a while, even ebay didn't have it!

Wa'il

Trainerdan
Sun, Jun-03-01, 20:16
Thanks Doreen!

Now I have a new book to buy. LOL

This one gets moved up on my "need to buy" list though.

doreen T
Sun, Jun-03-01, 20:17
maybe I should change my name to Sherlock??