PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MarshaJB
Sun, Sep-08-02, 10:12
Hello,

I am new to the low carb world, having only begun a few days ago. I originally started on the New Mayo Clinic Diet, but am going to the book store today to purchase the newest Dr. Atkins diet as it seems more legitimate.

So far, I feel good, don't feel hungry and am definately optimistic. I would love to meet some new friends who are also on Atkins, for advice and support. I am 42, married, with three children, 20, 18 and 9.

Cordially,
Marsha
PS: How can I get a cute symbol to go with my name...(atvar)?

wbahn
Sun, Sep-08-02, 11:03
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

Check out the "faq" section (the question mark above) for a lot of useful information about the site including how to establish an avatar.

I agree that the Mayo Clinic Diet (old or new) is highly suspect. For starters, it has absolutely nothing in common with the Mayo Clinic, so the fact that its pushers feel the need to steal legitimacy with a misleading name is not a good start.

Definitely read Atkins. You might also get Protein Power by the Eades. Between them you will get a pretty good understanding of the medical basis for low carb eating.

Good luck to you!

Paulie-M
Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:57
Hi Marsha,

I am into my second week of Atkins and it is working. The first few days are the worst when you crave the high carbs you've eaten for so long. I would have killed for a bagel or piece of wholemeal toast the first couple of days lol. I am sticking with the decaff coffee but have to admit that it isn't as good as my usual "hit".

I bought the Atkins cookbook last week which has some really good recipes in it. Let me know how you get on. :wave: