PDA

View Full Version : My Bloodtest results!!!! (Fasting Lipid Profile)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cmorera
Sat, Sep-07-02, 21:55
OK, I finally got my bloodtest results!!!! I took them about a week ago, and it was a fasting test, so I woke up and didn't eat anything, then got my blood drawn. So I have been no-carbing (high-fatting rather) for over 8 weeks when I took this test. And before I give the results, let me make one thing clear:

The no-carb diet is rather boring for me during the week; I live for carb-ups. But this doesn't matter caus' diets are not supposed to be 'fun,' they are for the purpose of regulating exactly what you eat and all that. So I tolerate it, but I must admit, in order for this to be 'funner' for me, I go for SATURATED fats all the way. I mean, the more saturated, the better for me. I know this goes again some of the West-On-420 train of though (ie: polyunsaturated and mono-'s), but this makes it better for me to cope. So basically I eat a lot of BACON, Heavy Cream, Bacon Ultimate Cheesburger from JAck In The Box (my latest favorite, NO BUN OF COURSE! This has 75 grams of fat and 50 g protein 0 carbs bunless) ground beef with FULL fat, no lean cuts! Ext.....you get the picture. So I am Mr. Saturated fat. + these foods I think all have High cholesterol, and I starting supping with small amounts of Tropical Oils (coconut) towords 2 weeks before I had blood drawn. So here are my results:

Here are my results: I got these from calling a automated lab-result hotline, so a doctor didn't give them to me. So I had no 'consulting' or anything like that when I got them, and since I don't have a medical background, these are basically little more than numbers to me. So until I see the doctor (appontements are usually 1 months Thanks Keiser Permanante :( ) I was wondering if anyone who has knowledge could tell me if these are good bad or nuetral. SO help me out let me know waht these mean (like if I need a coronary or something)

Total Cholesterol: 126
LDL Cholerstero: 76
HDL cholesterol: 39
Triglyercides: 54

Fasting Blood Sugar: 76

So I am interested in interpretations of ALL these numbers if possible, K much appreciated. (BTW: This is my first test so I don't have a 'reference test' which may be useful in determining what effect high-fat diet has had on my readings)

Natrushka
Sat, Sep-07-02, 22:08
cmorera, I moved your post to the Cholesterol/Heart Disease forum - you'll get more related views and comments here :)

I found this post for you by Doreen T (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=193436&highlight=HDL+and+LDL#post193436) (our resident registered nurse) explaining what the numbers mean.

Total Cholesterol: 126 - this should be below 200 :thup:
LDL Cholerstero: 76 - LDL below 130 :thup:
HDL cholesterol: 39 - HDL over 40 (moderate risk below 40)
Triglyercides: 54 - below 200 is desirable :thup: WOW

Some nice numbers, Toots :)
Nat

cmorera
Sat, Sep-07-02, 22:16
THX Nat, I didn't even know the cholesterol section existed on this web-site, I tend to stay in 'CKD world' so to speak. But after browsing the Cholesterol forum, I realize my post defenitely belongs there. I also already learned more information about this topics and stuff. Intersting stuff there, away from the CKD drudgery :)

OK, THX

BDavis6426
Sun, Sep-08-02, 12:10
Congratulations! Lots of us would KILL to have a lipid profile this good! I am on a statin drug (Zocor) and my numbers still aren't that good! However, I've been LCing about 5 weeks and my Triglycerides are down to the normal range--something that hasn't been true for me since I can remember! I'm still waiting for the Whoosh fairy--have lost about 5 pounds in 5 weeks.
Brenta