PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rusulka
Sat, Sep-07-02, 07:50
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and I'm quite happy to have been directed to this site.

Let me tell you a bit about my story.

On December 1st of last year, I decided that I didn't want to be fat anymore, so I borrowed some of my sister's WW books and began that. It was ok. I did lost about 25 lbs on it at first, but it just got so tedious to follow. Around May I dropped the diet and just began eating like I had been. I regained about 7 of those lost pounds and I was not happy about that.

Then I saw a 20/20 show about how the low fat diet is bad and maybe Atkins had something with his diet. So I picked up his book and read it. It seemed to make sense, so on the 29th of July, I started. Since then, I've lost 16.5 pounds, 2 inches off my chest, 2.5 off my waist, and 1.5 off my hips!

I'm still on phase 1 of the diet, because my wedding is in two months, and I want to lose as much as possible before then (so I can fit into my dress without altering it too much.)

After that, on to phase two.

:thup:

LittleAnne
Sat, Sep-07-02, 07:58
Hi Rusulka

Welcome to this forum. I'm glad that you have found us. It is amazing how many come here after WW. I'm glad that things are working out well for you, over 16 pounds in a little over a month is good news.

May the pounds continue to drop away and I wish you all the best for your wedding in November.

We are always here to answer your questions and to motivate you, as necessary.

Every success.

damaraq
Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:49
Hi Rusulka and welcome,

Congrats on the wedding coming up. WW has to be the only plan I have NOT tried and thanks to atkins I never will. I have a long ways to go personally, but since you get passed the first few days...it is much easier.

Check out the recipe section on the orange bar for some tasty ideas :D

Good luck