PDA

View Full Version : New to the group!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Khugus
Fri, Sep-06-02, 06:00
Hi Everyone!!! This forum is a great place for inspiration! I've been on and off Atkins for a little over a year. I'm starting out at 165 and will hopefully lose about 30 pounds. This diet has worked for me in the past, but I don't have any patience. For instance, I find myself jumping on the scale every other day, and If the scale doesn't change or I even gain a pound, I throw it all away and go on a bakery binge. I need to toss that scale, but anyway, I've climbed back on the wagon and am trying really hard to cheat! (I've given myself the deadline of at least Thanksgiving if I need to cheat!) This forum will be good for me, and I'm hoping that after listening to everyone's success stories, I'll be more motivated to stay on track!!! :roll:

Kristine
Fri, Sep-06-02, 10:56
Hi! Good luck in what will be a difficult task: reprogramming your brain so it doesn't resort to that 'oh well, I might as well binge' line of thinking. :rolleyes: That's gotta be the biggest obstacle when people try to lose weight. It's really difficult to learn to talk to yourself differently.

Hope you enjoy the forum: check out the 'confession booth' forum for some wise words on cheating.

Enjoy the journey - sit back, it's a long one! :)