PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new, also

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jackie K.
Fri, Jun-01-01, 10:33
Hi, after many attempts, I fianlly got on....whew.....I followed Adkins off and on falling off the wagon last year and gained my weight back after finding out I had Fibromyalgia. But got back on Adkins and using Carb Solutions bars and drinks since April 01,2001. Was in an a rut for awhile but I get with it and lost 2 more lbs. Weekends are the hardest for me. And my husband does all the cooking, too. But he's been doing good not to tempt me to much. He needs to use the diet also. But that's another story. I am sure I will learn more about this once I get use to everything, and excited about knowing I have someone to talk to about it. Wacki Jackie

tamarian
Fri, Jun-01-01, 11:18
Hey Wacki Jackie!

Glad you found us! :)

Wa'il

Jackie K.
Fri, Jun-01-01, 13:18
Thanks for the welcome. Wacki Jacki

doreen T
Fri, Jun-01-01, 13:30
I'm so glad you joined us. (I tried posting a welcome to you earlier, but I think my browser "ate it" .. :p)

We have a number of members with Fibromyalgia; I've posted some information and studies regarding lowcarb and fibro. as well as ME (chronic fatigue) ... also a few of us suffer S.A.D. symptoms in the reduced daylight of winter, and find that lowcarb definitely helps. Check out the Health Issues forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10) :) . As well, the whole website has lots of goodies, recipes and information ... just click on any of the topics on the red menu bar at the top of the page.

There are a number of couples/members here too ... I think once your husband sees your continued success, he may be motivated to join you.

I look forward to reading more posts from you,

Doreen

debbiedobson
Sun, Jun-03-01, 09:23
hi jacki!! welcome aboard!:D

Jackie K.
Sun, Jun-03-01, 15:23
Thanks for the welcome. I/m sure I'll like it here. I don't know anyone else here in my area that does the low-carb, so this will be very helpful. :D

fern2340
Sun, Jun-03-01, 16:35
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

This board is a great place for support..... I wish you the best of luck!!!

debbiedobson
Sun, Jun-03-01, 18:35
jackie, you've found a great site here! this site is full of support and great new info! it's also a great place to come and just hang out! i have a problem with weekends too! i have a real weekend mentality to lay back and relax. it's also the time my husband and i have together and in the evenings we like to have a few drinks together. so often willpower leaves the building when alchohol arrives. with the help and support here, i think that i've managed to overcome my weekend dilemas. i think that you'll find great help here too!:D
i've found it really helpful to post in the journal forum. it reminds me of tracking my daily menus in my weight watcher days!:)

agonycat
Sun, Jun-03-01, 19:43
Hi Jackie,

I went on the diet back in April and have lost 20 pounds so far. My hubby refused to go on the diet, so I did all the cooking. (grins evilly at this point)

So far he has lost 11 pounds due to me not fixing potatoes, rice, pasta or buying bread or chips. If he wants that stuff, he has to run to the store.

There are ways to get them to fall in line! *snickers*

DebDaCajun
Mon, Jun-04-01, 21:42
Originally posted by agonycat

There are ways to get them to fall in line! *snickers*

YES!!! :D You go, girl!!!

Jackie K.
Tue, Jun-05-01, 08:01
Thank you all for the support...
Deb from Louisiana....Thank you, I need to tell you the real test will be when I go to New Orleans for the first time at the end of the month. I'm really excited about going.......
Deb Dobson...Thank you and I agree back with you. I try to still count the carbs in the drinks I have, but then its the want to eat that kicks in with it. I try my hardest not to fall off. But then again, (I love to eat).:D

DebDaCajun
Tue, Jun-05-01, 11:36
Originally posted by Jackie K.
I need to tell you the real test will be when I go to New Orleans for the first time at the end of the month. I'm really excited about going.......

Well, there are too many good things to eat there, it is true, but it is also where Sugar Busters got its start and many restaurants include Sugar-Buster meals so that may be somewhat of an option. Good luck and have fun! Gee I miss being down there :mad: (For those who don't know, Shreveport is on the northwest corner of Louisiana, a mere 10 miles from the Texas border. I tend to call it East East Texas myself :D )