PDA

View Full Version : LowCarb Tortillas available in a STORE in Victoria, BC, Canada

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IslandGirl
Wed, Sep-04-02, 21:15
As far as I know, this is a FIRST in Canada.

The LaTortilla Factory tortillas (Regular Original Whole Wheat) in the 369 gram package are available in the freezer section of the Lifestyle FoodMarket, on Douglas Street, in Victoria, BC Canada.

Lifestyle is a very comprehensive supermarket style health food store.

They are selling them at a VERY reasonable price of 5.79 per package, no volume discounts that I know of.

Tell 'em I sent ya! :lol: :devil: :lol:

jamnut
Fri, Sep-06-02, 22:32
Hurray :D :D

lilwannabe
Sat, Sep-07-02, 00:15
I am kinda scared to try them...If I like them I may never stop eating them...LOL

dizzyd
Sat, Sep-07-02, 10:19
Judi I'm paying attention.... see!!!

I'm gonna go buy some! Yahooo!!!

AnitaB
Sun, Sep-08-02, 19:24
Well I'm going to be in Victoria the first week of October. This will drive my hubby crazy!

There MUST be a store in Vancouver that sells them too, you would think!

IslandGirl
Mon, Sep-09-02, 19:29
Not yet, AnitaB, but I'm working on it!

Meanwhile, either the Lifestyle Market or I, myself, will gladly send you some. At least I THINK the Lifestyle Market will send you some, they do advertise in their flyers that they will ship out requests... http://www.lifestylemarkets.com

...and I offer them at a higher price for a single, but offer volume discounts. Just float your mouse over my logo below to see the webpage, or click here http://www.LowCarbCanada.Com if you'd rather.

By the way, welcome!!

PS: I'm based in Victoria, so that would be free shipping if we arrange to meet for a 'pick-up' :lol: :devil:
PPS: when you're here, maybe we (the local LowCarb Lunch Club, an informal gathering of goyls, so far!) could all meet! :lol: :devil:

AnitaB
Mon, Sep-09-02, 22:09
Well Thanks, I will check out your page.

The lunch club sounds like fun! But I'll have to take you up on it next time, cuz this time I'm there for a romantic getaway with my hubbie!

:)

Baconbabe
Wed, Sep-18-02, 13:46
Thanks again for the tip Judi! I bought some last night...they were Heavenly!!! lol

edandmill
Sun, Oct-20-02, 21:40
What's the carb count on the tortillas? Mildred (Vancouver BC)

IslandGirl
Mon, Oct-21-02, 01:18
Hi, Mill.... welcome!

If you go to my webpage as mentioned earlier in this thread (just float your mouse over my logo in the signature below), make your way to the products page and the carb count per serving for every flavour and size is shown.

There's full label information available at the manufacturer's website, of course, at www.latortillafactory.com ... and even some adaptable recipe ideas.

You might also want to go cruise the Products forum, there's lots of great stuff there and you will get a feel for the forums and how to get the most out of them, with the SEARCH features and Carb Calculators and all...

IslandGirl
Tue, Oct-22-02, 16:09
... back in stock at Lifestyle Markets! ...