PDA

View Full Version : Hi ya all! I have been reading and lurking too!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

apena
Tue, Sep-03-02, 16:57
~Hello~
I have been reading this forum for a long, long, time, I even posted a couple of times already, but never introduced myself.
My name is "Andi" and have tried and tried unsuccessfully to loose 10 or so pounds. The frustration is there, the will is certainly there, but so far no results. I have other health issues that come into play, but darn it, I'm doing my best to stick with this.
Strength and determination are friends of mine, that I know very well, so I would hope I can be successful! :)
I have stayed this weight for 2 years+, cannot budge off this weight (settles around 155-160) no matter what I try. I posted in the thyroid section, in hopes that someone will read and offer any advice along those lines.
Right now, I am suffering with those darn headaches, and realizing I forgot to subtract those fiber points, so I am probably under the 20 carbs for induction purposes.
Thanks for hearing me out!!
Glad to be a part of the group!!
~Andi~

wbahn
Tue, Sep-03-02, 21:52
Greetings Andi and welcome aboard!

One thing to do is take a step back and forget everything you have ever believed and, with a clean slate, ask yourself why you want to be less than 155 to 160 pounds. Force yourself to answer that question with defensible answers. It could be that you are at your ideal weight. It could be that you still have a few pounds to go. But so often we get so focussed on a particular goal weight for so long that we forget to ask if it was ever a reasonable goal weight.

Cheers!

RCFletcher
Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:22
Good luck Apena with whatever weight you decide you'd like to be. I've been stuck recently and am now increasing my excercise and many other things to get going again.

You have my sympathy with the headaches. Make sure you're drinking enough water. This diet is diuretic and dehydration can cause headaches - just a thought.

Best wishes from Belarus.

Robert
:wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Sep-07-02, 19:01
To funny, you know we all start out by lurking. No one picks on the lurker here. There's just so much information that some times I come to the forum and never even write a reply to anything, I just go ahead and take the good ideas and add them to my WOL.
Jo-Ann :wave: