PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid CA/Diuretics/HBP/Akins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

apena
Tue, Sep-03-02, 15:02
~Hello all!~
I have an (what I think is) unusual circumstance. I am so confused, and frustrated, as I am sure most of you can relate to.
I am currently trying Induction by Atkins..I am going through the terrible headaches, etc.........but that is not my question....
My question is this: What works for those of us that have had our thyroids' removed, are currently taking meds, (Unithyroid 175 mcg) and run 25 miles a week? I have tried it all, and this is what I have tried:
Upping running to 30 miles, (gained weight - 'bout 5-6 lbs.)
Downed running cut calories to 1200 - (gained weight)
Upped calories, stayed running (gained weight)
Trying desperately to achieve weight loss by Atkins. I also take a large amount of Lasix 80mg for water retention and HBPressure.
I take RX of potassium, calcuim, and Avalide for blood pressure.
Doc's don't have answers....
I don't have answers.... :confused:
I want to loose 10 lbs, as I do weight lifting as well so some of my weight includes muscle, but (you should really see my tummy! I'm ashamed :tears:
Any ideas, or suggestion would be so helpful.....I use Fitday (obsessively of course to chart every blessed morsal that goes in my mouth, and I am sticking to the 20 carbs sceniro.
Thanks all! And even if no one responds, I am glad I wrote this down as it makes me feel better to write about it......
~Andi~