PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Buddies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

djporter
Sat, Aug-31-02, 09:11
Hello everyone I'm looking for some buddies to help me along on my low carb diet...I like looking at the forums and the people that has lost quiet a bit..hope they can help me with what worked for them.. I started a quick weight loss program in March and lost 32 lbs from March till May..it really worked but i was tired of eating everything cooked the same way..had to use certain seasonings and all that...so i thought i would try to watch carbs..I tried the Atkins about 4 years ago and didn't do any good on it..i have to have a few carbs and Atkins didn't want and at the beginning...I felt terrible on it..I hear the Protein Power is easier...think watching the carbs will work without trying to get 0 carbs? I would appreciate all feedbacks...I need buddies
:wave:

Theresafed
Sat, Aug-31-02, 21:09
Hi There!

Actually Atkins says at least 20 Carbs. Which mean salad and some cream in you decaf coffee etc.

I am just new at this too. I am a very busy working mom and wife and need things less complicated. So far I found this is working. Not only for weight loss but I have much more energy!

I tried a new thing this week and made up a grocery list for the week of meals. Then I went shopping. Oh yeah before I made the list up I went through lots of the low carb recipe site and took off the required amount of recipes I needed for the week. There actually is some very good sounding ones. I will let you know.

Getting back to the carb thing, Atkins only requires you to do the induction for 2 weeks at 29 Carbs then you can adjust your carbs accordingly.

Hope this helps

greentea
Sat, Aug-31-02, 22:02
dj,
Have you looked on the home page for the different plans?
I'm sure something there will meet your needs. :)
I do a little mixing but basic plan is the Go-diet. Just seems the
best for me and its working.
greentea :wave: