PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bikerchick
Thu, Aug-29-02, 18:22
I started Atkins on 8/26/02. I had the usual headaches, and bad feelings for about 2 days. I am a cyclist, (why am I not thin,but I have great quads) and so a lot of carbo loading for long rides, so
I had some withdrawal to go thru. I feel much better now. My biggest concern is to have enough energy to get thru the next month of 50-100 mile rides. My first couple of days riding was really tough!
I've done low carb before, and get tired of eggs for breakfast.
I hope I can have better luck this time, I keep thinking how much easier the hills will be 30-40 lb. lighter.
"And off we go"

poundcake
Thu, Aug-29-02, 19:37
:wave: Hi Bikerchick,

I'm new too,.. this is actually my first post. It's find it easier to break the ice with someone with common interests so thanks for posting first.

I enjoy biking as well, I average about 12 miles a day to and from work so my wife can have access to our car. Last year was my first year biking and someone stole my first bike three days after I bought it :mad: . Didn't discourge me though - bought another and kept it up. I managed to get up to about 50 mile in a day by the end of the summer.

Unfortunately I never lost any weight the entire time, I stayed constantly at 220lbs so I thought I'd try something new.

My wife and I had a new addition to the family on June 5, a little boy, and friend of my wife's who recently had a baby as well gave us a copy of "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet". Her friend had just lost +40lbs :eek: postpardum in just 16 weeks. I thought I would give it a try and boom, I've been eating every as much protien as I can handle and I've dropped 6lbs :thup: since August 26th. I'm expecting it to slow down though but that's okay.

Anywho, welcome to the board and I wish you the best of luck. I hope to see updates on how things are going in the future.

Andrew