PDA

View Full Version : chocolate

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jackie
Tue, May-29-01, 12:54
hi,

I`m having trouble with the unsweetened chocolate......I just can`t find any.

Am I looking for the wrong stuff? Is is the Diabetic chocolate?
That`s the only one I can find without sugar although it uses fructose instead. It also has about 48 grams of carbohydrates in it.........please help......my sweet tooth is suffering....

Thanks
Jackie

IslandGirl
Thu, May-31-01, 00:31
Have you looked for baking or baker's chocolate? I'm positive it is a fairly common ingredient.

However, our wonderful Doreen T (over here in Canada) has passed in this fabulous cook's reference page before, and it includes conversions for measurements and substitutions for ingredients (all between the 'American' and 'Imperial' systems.

What the heck, even we colonies have differences... those Aussies do things differently than we Canadians! { grin }

Try this webpage and see if you're questions aren't answered:
http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/convert.html#Chocolates~

Have a look around, there's a ton of useful info there. Enjoy.

PS: No, the diabetic chocolate sweetened with fructose is still quite high carb and calorie, and not appropriate for a very low carb plan...

Sticki
Sat, Oct-13-01, 17:59
Hello

I get Carblife dark or dark coffee chocolate its 1.63 grams per 50g bar and it is really nice - their milk chocolate is 4.45 grams a bar. Its available from thelowcarbshop.co.uk at £1 a bar

they also sell a low carb chocolate pudding and hot chocolate

Natrushka
Sat, Oct-13-01, 18:55
Originally posted by Sticki
I get Carblife dark or dark coffee chocolate its 1.63 grams per 50g bar and it is really nice - their milk chocolate is 4.45 grams a bar. Its available from thelowcarbshop.co.uk at £1 a bar

Sticki, watch out for "low carb bars" a lot of them are higher than they claim. You can run the information on the packaging through the Hidden Carb Calculator here on the web site (its under "Low Carb Tools") to see just what the carb count of things are.

Nat

Sticki
Mon, Oct-15-01, 14:04
hello - tried to use the low carb tool but the packet of Carblife doesn't tell you about proteins and sugars etc....

It just states 1.65gams per 50g

ingredients are Maltitol 43.5% cocoa butter 9.9% cocoa mass 11.6% Emulsifier - soy lecithin natural vanilla - doesn't mean much to me!

So I guess as I only have it twice a week I'll have to just swing it and see how it goes.