PDA

View Full Version : Doing well, until now........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alice 2002
Wed, Aug-28-02, 08:28
I have been diagnosed with chronic depression last year, so I will be on antidepressents for life. Since I have started Atkins in March, I have been feeling terrific, keeping on the dose the doctor recommended, but suddenly, over the last few days I have been feeling funky, sad and weepy. Not my TOM, and I can't think of anything that is stressful right now.

I was mowing my lawn yesterday and crying the whole time. I want to sleep, and I actually want to eat tons of carbs (bread, donuts, chocolate) :cry: which used to be my comfort foods.

I slept ,cried and ate protein. I want to stay with the WOE, as it makes me feel good, but it is hard,when I get this down.

My DH runs away when I am feeling this way, he does not know how to help......

I am grateful for this Atkins web site, and I am also grateful for this particular section.

I just needed to express myself, and thank you all for being a strong shoulder to cry on. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

penelope
Wed, Aug-28-02, 09:01
I am sorry that you feel sad today
I haven’t read your journal so I don’t know what you eat >
I know that if you take a lot of fiber you should wait a couple of hours after taking your pills to have a high fiber like bran flax or psyllium because your medication will not work
I wish you the best even if it doesn’t pertain to your food intake.

Lessara
Wed, Aug-28-02, 10:56
I get days like that too. Unexplainable isn't it.

I found out sometimes its just because I'm tired. Sometimes its a day or two after a very stressful day or week and its my first moment to relax. I think if you have moments like this. Stop and do something for yourself. Take a long bath. Sit and have a cup of herb tea. Listen to music.

Hope you feel better.

DuPont
Wed, Aug-28-02, 16:47
this is very interesting and may help, check it out!
http://www.happyredbox.com/happyredbox/index.htm

alice 2002
Thu, Aug-29-02, 08:12
Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions!! I do so appreciate your help!!

I am still feeling down, so I phoned the doctor,and he suggested increasing the dose of my anti depressent.

I might.... after I increase my b vitamins and multi vitamins. I'd rather do it more naturally if I can.

Thanks again for all your help!

cre8tivgrl
Thu, Aug-29-02, 12:47
Two things...

First, I agree with Lessara... do nice things for yourself. Paint your toenails (or get a pedicure), get a massage, go to the park, go swimming (Hey...they say it works on any unhappy child!! :) ).

But secondly, I think with depression we are trying, trying, trying to always be up and happy and beat the black cloud that we hold a lot inside. We also tend to forget that being sad and crying is normal and not always a sign of the depression. Sometimes just the fact that you are finally on a medication that is working, a WOE that is working and everything is going smoothly is enough to release things that you were keeping in. Almost like your body feels it's safe to do so now.

You'll get through this!!

Visit this website... www.campsark.com
If you don't know about SARK, read her site then get one (or 10) of her books. She works wonders on my depression. Wonders!!!

Hang in there and hugs....

Shelley

alice 2002
Sat, Aug-31-02, 19:30
Thank you all very very much!!