PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Real Kick at the LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deetee
Mon, Aug-26-02, 22:23
Dabbled on the LC idea last week and actually dropped 5 lbs. Headed off on a business trip and being so new wasn't sure how to deal with it. Back on track now and still down 3 lbs.

My problem - breakfast! Always had toast or cereal and while I'm okay not eating that anymore I struggle with a quick breakfast only have about 10 - 15 minutes. To make matters worse I'm not that excited about eggs but will eat them occassionally. Just purchased some whey protein powder for a.m. shake but it tastes rather blah!! Any suggestions out there? Lunches and suppers are not a problem and I don't even miss the carbs. Appreciate any advice. :yum:

travelgirl
Mon, Aug-26-02, 23:00
I know just how you feel,

I started Atkins a little over a week ago, and the hardest part has been breakfast. I always had a bowl of cereal and a large glass of juice. The switch to eggs has not been easy.
I'm not sure if you like smoked salmon, but every so often, instead of eggs, I'll make a smoked salmon and cream cheese roll. It's a little messy, but it's good. Also, If you're in a hurry, have some hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator ready to go. Then, as long as you don't have to eat it every day, a cheese omelet starts to sound pretty good again.

Hope this helps!

:wave:

Kayceecan
Mon, Aug-26-02, 23:22
:wave: Hi Deetee

Like everyone says, you don't have to eat "breakfast" for breakfast...have steak, veggies, chicken, etc. ...
I like the "keto shakes" made with a little cream, cottage cheese and/or cream cheese and cold water. They really don't taste bad at all!..Sure beats some of the "shakes" out there....

cuddlywill
Tue, Aug-27-02, 07:42
Breakfast for me is half a box (5 links) of the frozen, already browned breakfast sausage. I put my smaller cast iron skillet on med/high heat, put in about 2 tbsp canola oil, and then the frozen sausage, turn a few times over about 4 minutes, and it's done. I find it really fills me up. The fat in the sausage also get's my body into ketosis mode for the rest of the day.

lyndat
Tue, Aug-27-02, 08:14
Hi DeeTee! I don't know if you're a bacon fan, but if you haven't tried the Peppered bacon, it's thick and REALLY good. I microwave 2 strips each morning (only 3 1/2 minutes) for my husband and it easily keeps him satisfied all morning. (That and his coffee-1/2 regular and 1/2 decaff-nice compromise!) Good Luck! Lynda ;)