PDA

View Full Version : Hiya! I'm new to Atkins. (4th Week)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carlan
Sun, Aug-25-02, 16:33
:roll: I've been on the diet rollercoaster my whole life. I have been successful many times only to gain it back. Recently, I lost 120 pounds only to gain 50 of it back in 2 years. I lost it through excercise (which I don't mind, but finding the time can be tough sometimes) and low fat, counting calories type of diet. I simply slowed down on my excercise a bit and can't believe how fast the weight came back on. It frustrates me to no end!!

I believe that am the type who produces too much insulin for I have always had lows where I shake, get sick to my stomach and am dizzy. As soon as I eat a piece of candy or something, it would tide me over. Anyway. I hope and pray this is the lifestyle change that will help me be successful. I enjoy the foods I can eat and I never feel too hungry. The hardest part was ridding myself of all the sugar, but I think I am through the worst part. Anyway, it's great to have people to talk to about the struggle.

:wave:

Kayceecan
Sun, Aug-25-02, 16:42
:wave:

Welcome Carlan! This is the place to come for support! Once you get that sugar and junk out of your system, it gets easier! Even though I've been stalled for quite a while and haven't lost a lb. :(
I still feel better....and really don't crave all those "goodies" that I used to!...........Good Luck on your LC journey!

Kristine
Sun, Aug-25-02, 19:17
"I believe that am the type who produces too much insulin for I have always had lows where I shake, get sick to my stomach and am dizzy. As soon as I eat a piece of candy or something, it would tide me over. "

Well, welcome to the hypoglycemia club. ;)

Glad you're enjoying this new WOE, and I hope your health is improving, too!