PDA

View Full Version : falling off the wagon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

atomhockeymomm
Thu, Mar-01-01, 20:48
Can you all smell the Hawkins Cheezies on my breath? I was oh so very naughty tonite and ate some. Okay not just some, but alot of some. A really big SOME...lol. So onto the ground I fell. But UP (this sort of big behind) will be pulled and I will see you all tomorrow back on the band wagon we call Low Carbing. Good nite to you all and sweet dreams.

Stephanie

debbiedobson
Thu, Mar-01-01, 21:19
hi stephanie, i'm right there with you. i didn't eat supper, i was too tired to think about it. so instead i ate 2 rows of pirate cookies. i'm feeling like a bag of s*** right now!!
"tomorrow is another day", to quote my favourite heroine, scarlett o'hara. tomorrow we will be the best that we can be. we can't ask any more of ourselves. we will do our lowcarb best, right stephanie!!
p.s. my oldest daughter's name is stephanie.
p.s.s. is that "taz" in you signature. it's been awhile since i've seen cartoons.

atomhockeymomm
Fri, Mar-02-01, 07:24
The one thing I really like about Low Carb people is they seem to understand that falling off the wagon doesnt mean we are failures. We just dust ourselves off and get right back on and noone belittles us for our fall. Today is another day and I will start with my 4 glasses of water and my bacon and eggs and get right back on track.

Yes it is Taz on my posts Debbie. I was feeling a bit spinny the day I chose him and he seemed to best suit my need on that day. Who knows, tomorrow I could be something peaceful and calm. I was seriously thinking of using Pig Pen from Peanuts. Ha Ha. Can you tell the state of my house this week?

Stephanie

debbiedobson
Fri, Mar-02-01, 08:39
i just finished my breakfast (tofu w/ mayo) and i've had 3 glasses of water so far. i don't work friday's so today is housework day, after i do my workout. your off to a great start today as well. we CAN do this!

i used to call my youngest daughter pigpen when she was little. i swear she'd get dirty just going outside and walking along the sidewalk. a real dirt magnet. she's a beautiful young women now.

r.mines
Fri, Mar-02-01, 09:32
I ate lasagna . . . a big bowl . . . a great big bowl. Well, like the pan, actually. I felt so guilty, but I couldn't stop. Then I woke up and it was all a dream!

Geesh! If I'm gonna dream about eating pasta, I may as well ENJOY it, don't you think?

I'm not cheating so much with quality as with quantity. I know it's just stress, lack of time off, and the time of year. I've been on a plateau since Xmas.

Oh well....
Rachel

atomhockeymomm
Fri, Mar-02-01, 12:58
Hang in there Rachel. We have all had out set backs with this winter weather. I understand you were having beautiful spring like weather last week. My inlaws all live in Vancouver and surrounding area. We have lots of friends in BC too.

Ya know I sure wish my eating of the cheesies was all a dream but alas twas not and here I sit munching on my ground beef with cheddar and mozzeralla melted on top. YUM YUM tastes great. Gonna have a salad soon too.

Stephanie

r.mines
Sat, Mar-03-01, 11:24
Sounds way BETTER than cheezies!

Funny, all those carby things are so tempting, but when you remember what they actually taste like, they're not so tempting after all. Pretty bland, really, when you think about it: potatoes, rice, pasta, wheat flour, etc. It's the stuff you put ON it that makes it taste good, and we can have that anyway.

Rachel

Sadai
Sat, Mar-03-01, 20:56
You have more company.. I too fell off, for a few slices of pizza. Once I did that I felt that it was now ok to have all those other things I have missed.. I guess I pigged out.. now I feel terrible.. physically that is.. I went back on Atkins today and now I have a terrible head ache.. lesson learned.. :( So glad to see I am not alone.

silvia
Thu, Mar-08-01, 09:08
Me too! Me too! I feel so disappointed with myself, but everytime I don't lose for a couple of days I eat. Today it was peanut butter and jam!! Shame on me! Obviously I'm not gonna lose any doing THAT!!!

Glad I'm not alone!

Silvia

tamarian
Thu, Mar-08-01, 10:02
Silvia,

You know what? If you use sugar-free jam with the peanut butter, you won't be cheating :)

Here's what I think on "cheating"

I think anyone planning on a long-term weight loss should expect moments of cravings and giving-in to them now and then. Some let it get to them, and feel as if they failed, while others take it as an occasional treat.

For the long term challange, you need to be strong mentally, similar to athletes who psych-up before tournaments. Stay positive, and don't let anything (or anyone) drag you down, keep focused on the goal, and eliminate what's blocking your way, be confidint of who you are now, yet visualize the victory at the goal line.

My $0.02

Wa'il

silvia
Thu, Mar-08-01, 13:17
Wa'il!!

Thanks for your support. What bugs me is that I don't have any cravings!!! But when I'm depressed or tired I eat: psychological trigger? You bet! But you're right, I've got to be positive and see the goal: my old jeans and no wobbles when I do aerobics!!!

Ciao
Cilvia

doreen T
Thu, Mar-08-01, 17:41
You know, I agree with you Wa'il 100%, it is a matter of mindset, and staying focused on the goal. You can have the odd side-track as long as you're facing the right direction overall. Planned or not..... sometimes you have no choice, maybe dinner at someone else's home, or you're starving and two hours from home with no lowcarb snack in the car, and Tim Horton's is right THERE...:p

But like Silvia says, sometimes it isn't craving. Emotional eating is a challenge for me too. I'm the opposite though, usually when I'm feeling down, I lose my appetite. And of course, undereating means my metabolism slows right down, making it harder than ever to lose weight. It's when I'm excited or energetic, that's when I feel like changing into my "eating clothes" (loose, baggy, elastic waistband) and dive headfirst into the fridge... :eek:

Negative reinforcement can be a very powerful tool to use. What I mean is, if you've been faithfully lowcarbing for a long stretch, then overdose in a frenzied carb orgy ... you feel like he** afterward. Remember that gas, the bloat, the headache and irritability the next time a bag of Oreos starts the seduction.

Doreen