PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to your Birthday

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Aug-23-02, 07:31
Whether you're fighting with 20 pounds or 100, if you don't feel healthy and happy for your birthday it's hard to put on the happy face. Every year I promise myself that I will take better care of myself and be the me that I know I can be. Well it's half way through that year and the next one will be 40 (when did that happen). So I've set my goal to be stronger(the dreaded exercise),and to be healthier which for me means LC. So what is your secret to getting motivated to exercise? I would love to have us be able to celebrate each others birthdays, and help ralley each other to have a birthday this year that is great. Low carb birthday cake, new outfit, (pictures please) and of course new attitude. So lets do this together.
My info. I'm 39, stay at home mom, enjoy a good laugh, and aim to be 134 by march, come jion me.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:32
So I have made myself a challenge and I've decided that it's time to get honest with myself, scarry thing to do, it's that I'ld like to get in shape. Now what does that mean? What is your goal for your birthday? Is it a number on the scale or on the measuring tape?

Kaki
Sat, Aug-24-02, 05:53
I would be thrilled to just be under 150 pound by my next birthday (July 25th). I too am creeping up to 40, next year will be 39 for me. Even though all the charts say I should weigh 130 I think somewhere around 140 to 150 I will be fine and feel comfortable in my own body and I think that weigth is maintainable. I have about 10 more pound to go before I hit my goal of 150 and I should be able to make that by next July and maybe even weight less.

Wish you the best!!
Karin

Talon
Sat, Aug-24-02, 06:28
I would love to be 180 by my next birthday, but that is only a little over a month away. I will settle for being in the 180's! :)

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Aug-24-02, 16:54
Karin I don't know who makes up those charts, but I do know, that the ideal weights they state, are unachievable for the the majority of women on this planet. That's probably why we get discouraged when we look at them. Your goal sounds perfect for you, and I'm proud of you for being sensible. Do you exercise and if you do what is your favourite, I like to walk but will never be a runner.

So Talon what's the date, do you have special plans? Your goal of 180's is achievable, that in it's self, must make you feel good.

I've gone a little astray today but coming back here and seeing that you've dropped in has given me new resolve. Write again soon.

Talon
Sun, Aug-25-02, 11:00
My birthday is Sept 26th. I will very happy if I can get to 185 by then, but I will settle for anywhere in the 180's! :)

No plans as of yet for my b-day, hopefully it will involve a steakhouse! :lol:

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Aug-25-02, 12:22
Thanks for posting. You've come so far already, I think that any number you are for your birthday will be one to be proud of. Being from Nova Scotia, my birthdays usually include lobster and more lobster and lots of butter. Yummy. The steakhouse sounds like a yummy idea too.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann

mythreeson
Mon, Aug-26-02, 05:55
i am at 212 now my birthday is Dec 6th i would love to see a 1 as the first number in my weight for my birthday what a celebration i would have. thats my birthday goal and wish..

Jo-Ann 2
Mon, Aug-26-02, 05:56
Hello My three sons, the 1 at the front sounds like a wonderful number and I send you a big pre birthday wish that you achieve this goal. I'm so glad that you dropped by, so I gather from your sign in that you have three children. My husband and I have 1 but have two nephews. We own a boat with my brother and it's called the Three Cousin's. What are your celebration plans?
So I've made my suggestion and Talon's made her's, what is your favourite LC birthday meal, is it at a special restraunt or is it something you make for yourself? Cheesecake or is there another recipe that is great and of course what is your goal for your next birthday and what is your best LC secret for getting yourself there?
P.S. Hi Talon and Karin.

cre8tivgrl
Wed, Aug-28-02, 16:50
Hmmm... my birthday is so far away (next June 13th). That is 290 days away. I've been losing a little over 10 lbs a month but I know that will slow as I get closer to my goal.

I guess my goal is to be in my size 13 jeans. That is around 165 lbs. which gives me 77 lbs to lose between now and then. That is a pound loss every 3-4 days. It also puts me at my half way point on January 19th (the day before my husband's birthday) where I hopefully will be 38.5 pounds lighter or 203.5.

I better write this down. :)

Shelley

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Aug-28-02, 17:39
10 lbs a month is terrific. Wow you must have made big changes to your eating to see such great results, congradulations. 165 sounds like a wonderful birthday present to look forward to. You're worth it, and I can appreciate the fact that you've set a mid point goal too. I find I accomplish more in life when I take things in stages. You sound like your well on your way to having your birthday wish come true. Maybe the wish fairy and the whoosh fairy are related????

Kaki
Thu, Aug-29-02, 05:00
Hi Jo-Ann,
Yes, those charts are very discouraging. I doubt I will ever see 135 again in my life time. I am only 5'2" and have very wide shoulders. I can musle up pretty quick too. I do exercise. I walk for 30 minutes 6 days a week, first thing in the morning. This way I can't talk myself out of it :D . Walking is great exercise. I would love to be a jogger but I am still to heavy for that. Don't like the idea of my body flopping around under my clothes. I also do free weights for upper body every other day. What about you, what are you doing for exercise?

Karin

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Aug-29-02, 06:19
Starting in may each year I race competively on a 29 foot sailboat. Now for those who do not race a little explaination. My job is sailtrim of the jib (side sail), this requires alot of upper body strenght (shoulders and arms) and a good deal of stomach, back and leg strength, you also have to be very agile. I also fly the spinacker ( coloured sail that flies out front of the boat), this requires a keen sense of concentration and and alot of balance, in other words, it's kind of like, wieght training while your dancing. If I'm doing both jobs, it means I'm working out almost the entire race. Races last 45 min's to and hour and we do up to three races a day. Regatta's last anywhere from 2 to 4 days.
I love summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So for the summer I'm in relatively good shape. But then the fall and winter come. Oh no, what does my body do with that muscle, Simply put fat, fat, fat. Help !!!! Sailing ends in October and my birthday is in March, yes that's before sailing starts.

Lolabug
Thu, Aug-29-02, 11:22
My birthday's in May. On the 16th.

By my birthday I want every piece of clothing that is currently in my closet to be too big! I also want to be healthier (no more colds and flu and infection!) and fitter.

A '1' at the beginning of my weight would be awesome.

Alena.

starchile
Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:32
My birthday is in June and I'm hoping to get to AT LEAST below 250 by then. Right now I'm in the middle (actually, hopefully it's the END) of this MAJOR STALL!!! My goal is 200 pounds which at 5'10 is about 25 pounds more than what is recommended by the chart.

cre8tivgrl
Thu, Sep-05-02, 16:56
Thanks Jo-Ann for the encouragement! I've always been addicted to carbs. Severely. So I imagine just changing to low-carb eating was pretty major. My body just adjusts well to it.

Starchile: My birthday is in June too. :) I think it's wonderful that you are hanging tough through this stall! Short stalls are tough enough. Yikes! But you sound committed. I know you'll pull through it!

And yes, JoAnn, here's to hoping the whoosh fairy and the birthday wish fairy *are* related (but let's also hope the whoosh fairy visits more often!!!)

rhubarb
Thu, Sep-05-02, 17:06
My birthday was last week, but since I got engaged that day :) I'd like to countdown to my wedding. Not for the typical reasons, though. Sure it would be great to look fab in a swanky dress, but it's more because my fiancé (still can't get used to that!) and I are serious social dancers, and we plan to hold a large, day-long dance for our wedding. I want to be healthy and buff enough to dance my booty off for hours on end!

Besides, I have to join this thread because Alena is here, and I seem to following her around this board!

rhu

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:11
Hi Alena
I just know that those clothes are going to be toooooo bigggg, of course this will mean you are going to need a smaller closet for the smaller clothes :D :D :D . One can be a wonderful number, I will say a little prayer for you, for a little one, the first number on the scale, I must be careful when I wish someone a little one, :blush:. My father's birthday is the 15 and if you are like him, you are smart, extremely kind and a strong willed,(oh yah, and you love to tease, and are the best hugger). Nothing wrong with those traits, you will be the controller of your own destiny. So glad you dropped by.

Lolabug
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:20
thanks Jo-Ann,

I'd actually love another little one but alas, you apparantly have to be having sex for that to happen!!! lol

You are right about the traits, esp. stubborn!!!! (I don't think I'm that stubborn, but if you were to ask the people around me....)

Happy Taurus,

Alena.

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:25
Hi Starchile

Wow, you sound like a determined kind of girl. I really do admire your spirit. Stalls can be greusome (spelling?). It seems that your body just wants to hold onto that number forever.
I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that you are going to forget about the charts. Can't stand them, A couple of years ago I weighed 128, and went to the doctor, he asked me if I had been eating and not to lose any more wieght!!!!!!! The charts said I was at my proper wieght. This is scary stuff. We are not a number are we? OK, Watch Jo-Ann get off soap box, sorry about that.
I am sending you the whoosh fairy, she is on her way, I'm not sure how long it will take her to get to you from Nova Scotia, but she is coming to see you, Thanks for jumping in, love the picture.
"stall be gone"

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:36
Hi Cre8tivgirl

Love that sign in. Yes, the whoosh fairy comes more often. It's funny, when you first drop the carb's you think, what am I going to eat, then if you eat something carby (new word ???) it tastes like cardboard.
Can't believe that it was the carb's that gave me all the heartburn not the fat and protein. It's so nice not to wake up in the middle of the night dying from heartburn.
Your Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:46
Happy Birthday Rhu

Congradulations!!!!!

Swanky dress:Party: , a good man:dazzle: , dancing to the weee hours of the morning:wiggle: . Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day. Don't pick that dress out too early, it's hard to take a dress in two sizes!!!
I can understand why you follow Alena around, she has a great sense of humor. :p
So what color is that swanky dress going to be girl?

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Sep-06-02, 07:52
Alena
LOL, when I was writing my reply to you, I had written and then rewritten that part about strong willed, the first time it read " a bit stubborn" but I didn't want to hurt your feelings in a million years so I changed it. It's actually a family trait for us, I am almost as stubborn as him, Let's just say it's a survival instinct, right??
Jo-Ann :wave:

cre8tivgrl
Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:58
Rhu: Congrats!!!! :roll: Your plan for the dance sounds fun!! I got married in February...but we snuck off to Vegas (with all our family and friends ;) ). I was at my all time high weight of 270 at the time. Maybe for my first anniversary I'll get some sexy dress to go out in and post the before and after pics for you all.

Jo-Ann: You are so right about the heartburn and the carby foods. The idea of eating a bowl of pasta is not appealing to me at all anymore.

Alena: My best friend's birthday is May 8th... very strong willed. I don't see the stubborn, but her husband tells a different story. Now my 6-year-old, on the other hand, was born on May 9th and good gravy... we are thinking of changing that child's middle name to "because I don't want to," after his favorite phrase.

I am a typical Gemini. Gotta socialize and so many things going on at once that it makes my poor hubby's head spin. :spin:

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Sep-07-02, 15:13
Cre8tivegirl. You are too funny. My 7 year old has just started the whine thing, what is that all about, I just don't know what to do when my husband and my son both whine at the same time, it's even worse when they are whining at each other. They play lego well together though.

cre8tivgrl
Sun, Sep-08-02, 12:47
Jo-Ann... I hear ya. Must be the age range or the planetary alignment or something. My husband and I saw on a news program that the best way to deal with whining is to ignore it completely. Yeah right! I have much more patience than my hubby and even I can't ingore some of it. And my hubby... sometimes I think he eggs the whining on to see just how much whine he can get out of a short person in one sitting. I think they are trying for a world record (if they haven't already beat it).

:roll:

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:08
Yes, ignoring it works as an extinguisher if you do it everytime. Yeah right, it might work if you lived in only one whining situation, but in the real world all the variables change and before you know it the whining has already been reacted to, before you even realize you're responding.
Your too funny with the husband thing. I have to ask my husband daily,"why must you wind him up". Maybe they are related?

cre8tivgrl
Mon, Sep-09-02, 18:12
They are the same species... they are ALL like that. :D

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Sep-10-02, 05:05
Sometimes I wonder, are we really the same species or did God have a slightly warped sense of humor, I bet She did.:eek:

mythreeson
Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:35
out of my three week no loseing anything slump i am down to 206 got hung at 212 for 3 weeks but didnt give up still got up ever day and did the same ole thing and look it worked lost 6 lbs this week 4 was one of those overnight kinda whoosh things. lol keep up the good work guys cant wait till the first number of my weight is a 1 again....

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Sep-11-02, 09:39
Congradulations 3sons, wow you must have just about fainted when you saw that drop, how many times did you get on and off the scale just to see it was real LOL(I think we all do that).
That 1 is less than 7 pounds away, I'm so proud of you I could just bust, keep on, keeping on. You deserve a big hug for hanging in there for those three weeks, :bhug: this one is for being such a good girl, your words have given me great encouragement to take good care of myself too, thanks.

cre8tivgrl
Fri, Oct-04-02, 12:24
Congrats mythreesons!!! Isn't the whoosh fairy great???

How are you doing Jo-Ann? How about everyone else?

I am still moving down!! Looking for those 220s. :D

cre8tivgrl
Sat, Oct-12-02, 19:13
How is everyone doing on this goal??

I, myself, am doing pretty good. Too soon to tell if I'll reach my goal but I am trying!! ;)

ilovemysha
Sat, Oct-12-02, 19:24
Sounds to me that you have already taken the first step to your success. YOU SET THE GOAL!
My new attitude is, Only I can help myself to be who I want to be. Try buying a pair of pants the next size down and set a goal when you would like to be in them.

cre8tivgrl
Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:18
Yes, I agree! Setting a goal is the first step. :) And very important.

I have jeans in my closet that go down to size 7. I am wearing my 22s now but would be able to wear my 20s if I could find them. ;) So I try on my 18s every Sunday. I have a new pair of 18s that I've never worn. I can't wait!!

How about you ... what are some of your goals?

ilovemysha
Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:41
My first goal is to lose just 5 pounds. I just started today. One week at a time. I only have 20 pounds to lose but it isn't easy. My long term goal is to look better st 40 thsn I did at 30. Even though it's 2 years away it allows me time to get through the rough spots. This includes going to the Gym and toning too. I think that will happen after the first of the year.

cre8tivgrl
Mon, Oct-14-02, 14:09
Those are great goals! Ones that I am certain you will achieve!

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Oct-18-02, 13:17
Hi, I've been away for awhile, dropping in to say hi. Cre8, you are a great.
You are both right about goals. Ilovemysha, I have about the same goal as you. I'll give you a little warning it's alot slower after the first couple of pounds but you will feel so much better in the second week that you will wonder how you ever ate the other way. I find now if I do go off plan I get terrible heartburn and headaches. I hope you all the best for you.
I'm going to be 40 this birthday, and I see each year as an accomplishment. I am better than I was at 30, I certainly am alot smarter. LOL
Have a great LC day girls.

lkonzelman
Fri, Oct-18-02, 14:00
Hi y'all -

I weigh 168 today and have dropped one size in one month! What a WOE!!!!

My goal by my birthday (5/28) is to be to goal - actual number isn't important - I just want to be a fit size 8.

I think this is attainable - two sizes more in 7 months.

All the best for everyones goals!!!

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Oct-18-02, 17:22
You seem to have the right attitude to succeed. It's hard to make a commitment and this way of life is a commitment. I think you have a great way of looking at this. Size 7 sounds like a wonderful number to aim for. What else have you noticed about this way of eating that you like, other than the obvious wieght lose? I feel more alive and definitely like that I'm not exhausted by three in the afternoon.
I am really proud of you. A whole dress sizes is impressive.

lkonzelman
Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:21
Thanks Jo-ann -

I really do feel great (i.e., healthy) and I can eat whenever i'm hungry. I never had that before - I always felt so guilty.

So I guess that is the very best part for me. :wave:

cre8tivgrl
Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:41
Looks like everyone is doing good! :thup:

Jo-Ann... nice to see you! :wave:

lkonzelman... your goal sounds like a great one. I don't think you'll have a problem obtaining it.

I am trudging along. ;) Hoping to see 219 by Novemberish. ???

lkonzelman
Sat, Oct-19-02, 12:53
Thanks muchly Shelly for your comments-

About your goal- That seems like a reasonable goal but it is a big loss for one month. Have you really been losing that fast? Can that be done after the water weight loss in induction?

I truly hope i'm not stepping on your toes after you were so sweet to me...

By the way, congrats on your amazing weight loss so far!!!

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Oct-19-02, 13:08
Hi again, weight loss is such an individual thing, it's probably true that the more you have to loose the faster the first pounds come off, but then the body has to stabalize agian. The whoosh fairy comes to all of us eventually, but because we all are different, she comes to some more than others, with big whooshes and less often to others with smaller whooshes. I think that a healthy weight is very important, but I also think not falling asleep at 3 in the afternoon or feeling bloated with acid reflux all night are important reasons for me to get rid of the white bread, pasta, potatoes and other high carb foods and I really don't think anyone needs justify getting rid of the sugar and refined (processed) foods. I am officially of the rant stadium now.
So I think we are all aiming at the same thing-healthy. What you want to be at when you reach your next birthday is just another step in taking care of yourself. Good LC girls.
P.S. by my stat's you can see this is a slow process for me, I don't get any big whooshes, but I definitely feel so much better. I also know that because I have been on so many diets that this will be a slow process for me. It takes time to repair all the damage I have done by not eating enough on other diets(W.W., cabbage soup, etc.), my metabolism is slow. Once my body gets use to the idea that the calories are going to stay up and I will be eating breakfast for a few more months I'm hoping my weight will drop again unitl then I'll be happy feeling full (Finally!!!)

suze_c
Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:19
Hello all~ some of you are familiar "faces" to me, and some of you are new~ I would like to join this thread as 3 months from today is my 42nd birthday~ Today also marks one month on Atkins induction... I started with a weight of 315#, and after 1 week of Atkins, was down to 301#, and so far have not weighed myself, choosing rather to keep track of inches... which show a loss of 34 1/2 inches as of this morning's measuring. :) I am pretty happy about that., almost 3 feet of me gone! :lol: I would like to see myself to at least 275# by my birthday, and I think that is a reasonable goal. I have done no exercising, save my regular everyday activities, and today, I am tweaking my plan to add it, as I can handle... as I am in constant pain through my back and pelvis. I figure that I can incorporate some kind of exercise, and have found a shapemate stretch/tension exerciser, and am going to try that, plus some working out with various sizes of dumbells. I also have found my workout video tape, that has numerous routines on it, and I am going to modify the ones I can to fit my current fitness level... I told myself this year that I would weigh less in 2003 on my birthday, and right now I am still above what I weighed, which was 286#, but I WILL be less than that on my birthday... already I am smaller inchwise than I was at that weight, so here's to a MUCH smaller me in 3 months! And btw, good luck to the rest of you on your b-day countdowns! Ciao for now~ :wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Mon, Oct-21-02, 05:50
Or should I say hello to a familiar face, glad you popped in. Hope that your new exercises are going well. A routine time of doing excercise seems to be the best way for me to stick to a new program. I went for my final sailing seminar this weekend. Now I have to start something else quickly or all my muscle will turn to fat and then my metabolism will slow down yet agian and the pounds and inches will change and not for the better. It is not uncommon for me to gain 2 sizes in these months between now and Christmas :eek:. So now is the time, thank heavens for this way of eating. Hopefully this year will be better. Everyone seems to have difficulty at Christmas, for me it's the months leading up to it.
So tell us about your goals for exercise, you say that you are going to modify, this is a fantastic idea, I'm proud of you for this. It is vitally important to set realistic expectations and goals. Too high a bar is impossible to jump over but you can always raise the bar and continue to improve till one day you are beyond where you thought you could ever be. Good luck and set that bar girl.
Your birthday objective is within your reach. It may take sometime for the scale to move, but then who cares what the scale says if you are lossing inches right, and wow are you lossing the inches, congradulations.
Well I've written you a novellete, but I just wanted you to know that I think you are going through a wonderful transformation and that you should realize that everything that you do to make yourself healthier is important to all of us here. You are an important person and I'm so pleased that you have come to jion us.
Take good care Jo-Ann :wave:

suze_c
Mon, Oct-21-02, 09:18
Thx for the welcome~ I wanted to add that I did break down and weigh myself yesterday, and had a loss of 20 lb. from Sept. 20th... I won't gripe about that! :) An average of 5 lb. per week,w/out exercising? No gripe here at all~ :lol: One of the main exercises on the video tape is from Susan Powter's Stop the Insanity program... it is low impact aerobic workout, that can be modified to fit one's current fitness level. Her basic premise is: you gotta eat, you gotta breathe, and you gotta move to lose weight... I did lose weight when I done her program in 1993, lost 40 lb. in 3 months time,from 220# to 180#, but then I got mad at my then hubby,now an ex, and said... I'll show you and went off of the diet... gained back all I had lost, and then some. :( I quit exercising, I had been walking daily, and periodic workouts with weights... I startrd out barely able to walk a mile, and by the end of 2 weeks, was up to 9 miles per day on some days... depending on the time available to me. ANYHOW, all of that to say this... Powter's approach is that as long as you are in movement for 30-35 minutes, it is a workout for you. Now, that may not be enough for some... but it is enough for me to start with. I plan on doing the stretch/tension exerciser every other day,at their recommendation, and gradually increase duration and intensity. Here is a similiar product,so you get an idea of what I am using,except mine only has 1 band... Tension Exerciser (http://www.ballyfitness.com/rapid_results/expert_advice/product_tip_sheet/Exercises/bodyex_exerc.asp) And I would like to continue this post, but KaeLyn just woke up and wants mom~ so later on~ Ciao for now~ :wave:

cre8tivgrl
Tue, Oct-22-02, 12:58
Hi Suze! Good to see you here!!!

lkonzelman: Ouch! My toes!! ;) Just kidding. You aren't offending me by asking about my goals and losses. I tend to lose fairly fast. And... I am still slowly adding carbs back into my diet to find my limit before I'll stop losing. If I eat 30-50 carbs a day, I lose about 2-2 1/2 pounds a week, and still have unexplained whooshes as well at times. I am told this will slow as my weight lowers. But so far it hasn't. :p

Jo-Ann:
. . .. . . . .
. . . ... .. . .. .. . . .. .. .
. .. .. . . . . . . .. . ..
. .. . ... . . ... .. . . . ... .
. . .. . ... .. .. . . . . .
. . .. . . .. . .. ... .
.. .... .. . . .. . .

(whoosh fairy dust... just for you) :)

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Oct-22-02, 14:29
A good mind is a terrible thing to waste, and I am so glad that you don't waste yours. What a wonderful sense of humor you have. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
You are the first person in my life to offer me fairy dust. Thank you.
Jo-Ann

cre8tivgrl
Wed, Oct-23-02, 11:31
You are absolutely welcome! ;) Pass it on to someone else on this forum if you'd like. We can see how far the whoosh fairy dust will go.

suze_c
Wed, Oct-23-02, 14:47
As ya can see by my latest signature pic-- I am doing my part to spread that *magic dust* :lol:

cre8tivgrl
Sat, Oct-26-02, 10:57
Yes...Suze... I am a firm believer that you can never have or spread too much fairy dust... especially whoosh fairy dust. ;)

mythreeson
Thu, Oct-31-02, 19:14
well i wanted to see the 1 in front of my weight befor my birthday.......i have just over a month to battle this 2 pounds keep youe fingers crossed for me

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Nov-01-02, 06:34
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Here's your cheering team, go for it girl, you can do it, I know you can. But if the scale is not co-operative,
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Here's a cheering team for 2 inches off your waist, it's your choice.

Cinderella
Fri, Nov-01-02, 09:06
I can't believe I haven't spotted this board before!!

Info..mom of 4, hates to exercise...lol.
goal...to see 130 by my birthday, which is Feb.28th

hardest part of being "me"...I tend to add on after I lose it :eek: . My personal info says 139.5 but today I sit at 144. Tom is around the corner...probably my problem.

cin :)

mythreeson
Wed, Dec-11-02, 17:47
well i made it to my mini goal of seeing a 1 as the first number in my weight by my bday......dec i was 35 years old and stepped on the scales that morning at 198................woooohhhoooo.......battled the last 2 pounds for a long time but the whoosh fairy saw fit to take it away for my bday and as u can see i have lost an additional 5 pounds since then...so do get descouraged if the weight lose slows or stalls i was stuck at 202 for three weeks no matter what i did it just wouldnt drop and then it just started again.......hang in and we will all be slim and trim soon..................

kypraia
Thu, Dec-12-02, 17:17
Hi everyone! I'd like to get on board....my birthday is coming up on February 27 (the day before Cindarella's!).

Right now I weigh 204. My goal is 150, but by my birthday, I want to weigh 190. I have an interim goal, to be 199.5 on Jan 1, but I think the birthday goal is more exciting.

What an awesome birthday gift that would be!!

Best, Kypraia

leespike
Sun, Dec-22-02, 17:31
Hello Ladies:

I too would like to join your birthday challenge. My birthday is July 6, 2003, i would like to be 170lbs by then.

We would fight to stick to our goal with everyone help and motivation.

:)
220/216/170

kypraia
Sun, Jan-26-03, 15:49
Resurrecting this thread.....

I met my first goal of 199.5, and now I weigh 198. I've revised my birthday goal (Feb 27) to 193 because I really want to get there, I don't want to be disappointed on my birthday.

I just keep thinking how nice it will be to fit into a closet full of size 14's and get out of the 16/18 range.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Kyp.

nedsed
Mon, Jan-27-03, 10:40
I have to be realistic about my birthday goal, because it's coming up in 3 weeks. :Party: I look at it this way -- no matter what I weigh this year, it's about 55 pounds better than my last birthday! I've been trying really hard to focus on my goal date, which is one year from the day I started. Before then, I have a wedding I'm in, and other stuff, but I'm making no strict goals for those days. I don't want to be disappointed. I'm just looking ahead to that 1-year mark, at the end of September. Up til then, it's all gravy. :D

chemlady
Mon, Feb-03-03, 20:01
My birthday is july 24th and my goal is to weigh 155. I made this goal way back last summer and I am really trying to achieve this success. I know that even if I dont make it to 155 that anything close is good enough for me afterall last summer I was down 20 by my birthday and wearing a size 22. A size 8 would be great also. I have 24 weeks to go and I think that even at one pound a week I will be close so I am just going to keep exercising and eating the right way and who knows I might just make that goal.
Laurie

kypraia
Mon, Feb-03-03, 20:04
Hi Laurie,

Good luck on reaching your goal!! I'm in Rhode Island too :). Take care, Kypraia

chemlady
Mon, Feb-03-03, 20:14
Thanks. Were do you live in rhode island???
laurie

kypraia
Mon, Feb-03-03, 20:17
In beautiful, romantic Providence!

:) Kyp.

chemlady
Tue, Feb-04-03, 07:19
You must be young because I have never heard providence referred to as beautiful or romantic... I live in johnston with my kids (ashley 10 and billy 4). You have made very good progress are you finding it harder to lose. I have been having an awful time of it since christmas when I did a little cheating and gained back four pounds. I think this last 50 is going to take forever. I work out almost every day I am that committed to this woe and way of living. I want to be thin for the rest of my life. Somedays I get so impatient. Like it took a few weeks to put all this weight on or something.

Laurie

kypraia
Tue, Feb-04-03, 14:15
Hi Laurie,

It's true, I'm young. If you squint, Providence is quite beautiful. Especially on the three or four sunny days each year. Well...the river-fire thing is romantic at least!!

I have been having a VERY hard time losing weight the past few weeks. I think it is that 6-month plateau people talk about. I got down to 198 but have been fluctuating mostly between 202.5 and 201 over the past week. It's very frustrating, because I'm not cheating. And i have no idea what to do to get back under 200 (which, when it happened for the first time, made me cry, that's how good it felt to be under 200).

You've already lost almost 100 pounds--that is amazing!! I am so motivated to continue when I see other people's success like that. I have only lost about 30, and we both have about 50 to go. I am no longer going to worry about the time frame as much...I'd rather just be 150 pounds at some point, rather than depressed about not being 150 by June or something.

Good luck getting the weight loss moving again. If I come up with any tips I'll let you know. I have been taking L-carnitine and chromium and L-glutamine and all that stuff, but it doesn't look good for me (which I get at the Providence Whole Foods, for about $100000 a month :mad: ). I just want to be under 200 again!!!

Take care, Kyp.

febe
Sun, Feb-16-03, 08:48
Hi Kyp & Laurie,

My birthday is may 21st.. I’v been standing still for 2 months.. I would love to be in the low 70ies for my birthday!!!

Good Luck & Have a Great day!!!