PDA

View Full Version : Need a buddy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

treiser
Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:53
Hi - I recently started back on the LC WOL and would love to have someone to chat with. I am a registered nurse, wife, and mother of three who has had a weight problem all of my life. I have been on every diet imaginable - but know in my heart there is really only one (actually, I feel dieting is not for me - so WOL is what I'm saying here). This WOE is the only way that I can feel "sane", it's funny because even though I want to lose the weight, I stay with and go back to LCing because of the way it makes everything run smoother in my life. I started exercising this week - I've been walking on the treadmill, lifting some weights, and swimming - feel great!! My husband and kids have been exercising with me which helps so much - great to have people nudging me to go - hopefully I will eventually want to go! I've decided to throw out the bathroom scale this time around and only weigh myself once/week at the gym - I become so obcessed with weighing that I feel this is best. Letting the scale dictate how my day will go had to end - so far so good! :spin:

summer10
Thu, Aug-22-02, 18:03
Hi Tanya,

It's great you are LCing. How long did you do so before?

I've been LCing since April.

I agree with you about the scale. I had a horrible day today after getting on the scale and seeing I was UP two pounds. (Apparently I am still not over the shock.) Although now I know it must just be water weight, but I was soooo mad! I don't know why I can't stay away from the scale. I feel better than I ever have so why isn't that enough?

Anyway, I would be happy to buddy up with you.

Summer

treiser
Thu, Aug-22-02, 19:06
Summer - I did atkins two years ago and lost 65 pounds, I felt great! Then I got pneumonia and for some reason that threw me - I was feeling so rotten that I thought food would help - HA! Anyways . . . I have been on and off since then, but this time I am more serious than I have been since two years ago. I know that this is the WOE for me - so now that I've made that decision, I know what I have to do. I had to get rid of the scale simply because it dictated the way my day would go so much that it sabotoged (sp?) my weight loss. Today I have felt so anxious - not sure what about, just fidgity. How long have you been LCing? I'm so happy to have someone to chat with - I think this will really help! I really need help staying motivated, I'm not hungry anymore - something that happens after I'm LCing for a week or so, but it's so easy to "fall off the wagon" and so hard to get back on! I have been exercising more, which feels great when I'm there . . . but I have trouble getting there - it is getting easier though, so hope this will continue! Great to hear from you - hope to chat again soon! :daizy:

treiser
Thu, Aug-22-02, 19:21
Summer - just realized that I asked a question you had already answered - since April is great!! I'm sure the two pounds is water weight - I fluctuate so much during the day, I know how frustrating this can be. Hope tomorrow is great for you, I have to work a 12 hour shift at the hospital tomorrow which is easier than the days that I am home - keeps my mind off eating, although nurses are terrible for bringing in treats for just about any reason you can think of - not exactly practicing what we preach! :rolleyes: Talk to you later -

summer10
Fri, Aug-23-02, 07:38
Hi Tanya,

Having already lost 65 lbs previously must be a great motivator. I know what you mean about exercising. I always feel better AFTER I do it, but I never feel like starting. I guess it takes time for your brain to motivate you that you will feel better.

What do you do for exercise? I usually walk on the treadmill. My boyfriend lifts weights and runs. He keeps telling me I should start lifting some small weights to build muscle. I just need to get motivated there too.

Being on this site is a great help. I've been posting practically since I started LCing. It's nice to have other people who feel the same as you to chat with.

Do you work at a hospital? I work for an insurance company in Boston.

Summer

treiser
Fri, Aug-23-02, 19:27
Summer - How was your day? Mine was good - just got home from work - yes I work in a hospital, I'm a registered nurse in the intensive care nursery.

I was going to go exercise tonight, but I'm tired and decided coming home and sleeping was more important - tomorrow I will go after work though.

I got a membership to the gym at the hospital I work for in Sioux Falls, SD - I usually do the treadmill, or the precor machine and then I lift weights - light ones. My husband got me talked into that, he loves to lift so I decided to try - it is a good feeling. I also like to swim, but don't do that too much.

I think I need something different in my diet but have no clue what that is. Do you ever get tired of eating LC? After I have been LCing for a couple of weeks, I get this "not hungry" feeling and I don't eat as much and everything I think of thats LC just doesn't sound good. I really need to get more creative or something :daze:

Well I suppose I better get going, my bed is calling and tomorrow morning will be here before I know it! Have a great day

summer10
Sat, Aug-24-02, 17:31
Hi Tanya,

I didn't exercise yesterday or today. I'm having company tomorrow so I had alot to do. But I plan to walk on the treadmill tomorrow morning. I don't like to skip days. When I got home from work last night I did some housework and today I had to do some errands. That's great you joined a gym. I think when I am closer to my goal I may do that too.

Your job must be really interesting and rewarding.

I haven't been bored with LCing yet. I don't really miss carbs, I just wish the weight loss would happen faster. Do you use the shakes and bars? I do, I have a shake a couple of times a week, but I'm trying to cut down on the Agvantage bars.

Do you cook? I like to cook and bake (which I haven't done alot lately - to avoid temptation).

I've been having a salad every night with dinner, I know my boyfriend is really bored with them, but he doesn't complain. He isn't LCing but he eats the same dinner as me. If he's has carbs he usually has them outside. It is a big help that I don't have those foods around, for "just a taste".

Hope your weekend is going well. Talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Sun, Aug-25-02, 09:46
Good morning Summer! Hope you are having fun with your company. I am going to go to the gym soon and exercise, wish I was more excited about it - but it will be fine once I am there - funny how that works!

I know what you mean about the slow weight loss - I put my scale out in the storage shed because I would get so discouraged from weighing myself all the time. I plan to weigh myself weekly at the gym and that's it, otherwise I am constantly jumping on the scale. I was at the point where I let the scale dictate how my day would be (not a good idea!) :)

I don't like the shakes, not sure why, probably OD'd on slimfast and can't choke them down. I do eat the bars, they really save me. I know some people say you shouldn't or that they slow the weight loss down, but if they keep you LCing then I don't see much harm. I also love Ketocrisp cocoa cereal, do you ever eat that? It helps that I can have breakfast in the morning.

I do like to cook, but my husband has been doing alot of it lately, which is a great help. It seems as though the more I can stay out of the kitchen the better! I have three children so it is tempting in my kitchen alot - but I can't just buy LC and expect them to follow it. I have been buying alot of fruit for snacks for them and things that don't tempt me. It's funny how when I'm eating carbs if those things where in the kitchen they would be gone, but when I'm LCing I just don't crave things like I used to. My husband made steak and shrimp last night, it was ready when I got home from work - it was so nice not to have time to think - gee I really don't feel like cooking - it was great!

Well I suppose I better get to the gym - have a great day!

summer10
Sun, Aug-25-02, 10:51
Hi Tanya,

I'm just hanging out waiting for people to show up, so I thought I'd check in.

I've never tried any of the cereals. I probably should because I usually have hard boiled eggs for breakfast EVERY day.

How old are your kids? I don't have any.

That's great that your husband cooks, that must be a big help. I live with my boyfriend, he does most of the housework and will pick stuff up at the store for dinner, but he doesn't cook. I can't complain though, because he really does do every thing else. And I like to cook so I guess it works out well.

Hope you had a good workout at the gym. I walked on the treadmill this morning. I hardly ever feel like exercising but once I do it I always feel better. I don't know why that doesn't motivate me for the next time, but it never does.

Talk to you later.

Summer

summer10
Mon, Aug-26-02, 06:20
Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I'm OK. I had a cheat yesterday - you can look at my journal to see my food. Of course, I'm sorry now. But I'm back on track and focusing on moving forward.

I did end up having a really good time with my friends. It was great to see them. It's funny how much time has passed but we still have a great time together. It was really nice.

Hope everything is going well for you. Talk to you later.

Summer

summer10
Tue, Aug-27-02, 17:52
Hi Tanya,

Hope everything is going well for you. You haven't posted.

I am going away tomorrow morning, Wednesday. I may be online before I go, but if not I'll post on Friday when I get back.

Talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Tue, Aug-27-02, 19:17
Hi Summer how are you? I've had a terrible last couple of days - ugh! I feel rotten, don't know why I ever eat carbs they make me feel so bad. You know I still want to lose weight - but it's not even so much about that anymore as it is that I just want to feel good! Anyways tomorrow will be better. I just got off work and I want to go to bed and it's only 8:13 - how sad - ha ha. I think what happened to me is that I didn't feel like I was losing weight, so I weighed myself and I freaked - I wasn't losing weight, in fact if anything I gained, even though I've been completely faithfull for three weeks, so I ate - like that makes sense?? I also decided that I should go on a low-fat diet and went to the store and bought stuff for that, but now I realize what a stupid idea that is and that I just need to stay away from the scale. Also I think I need to nix the atkins bars - I think maybe they are too convenient, and may be slowing my weight loss. I wanted to tell you that it was so nice, when I'm feeling so low and confused, to get such a nice letter from you showing concern - I think having someone to relate to is half that battle! Have a great day tomorrow and I will look forward to hearing from you.

summer10
Fri, Aug-30-02, 12:01
Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I just got home today.

Are you back on LC? I KNOW how frustrating it can be when the scale isn't moving. (I keep telling myself that it took a long time to gain all this weight, it's going to take a while for it to come off, right?) I hope you are back on track. I can't even consider doing low fat, too hungry all the time and I KNOW that doesn't work!

You just need to give this some time. Plus the scale may not be moving because you've been going to the gym, you could be building muscles. Have you taken your measurements? If not you should, it really does help to see the inches decrease.

You've already seen amazing results, so you know that this can work. :)

I had a little cheat while I was away, (unplanned). And I'm planning a cheat on Sunday. Then no cheating until Thanksgiving. I really want to get to my goal but I know if I plan a cheat - one meal, not the whole day, and get right back on track I'm OK. I am going to have to do this for life. I know I'd get to my goal faster without any cheats but then I think I'm setting myself up for feeling deprived and possibly failing.

I hope you post later today so that I know you're doing OK now.

Summer

treiser
Wed, Sep-04-02, 22:28
Summer - Sorry it has taken me so long to post, I worked over the weekend and Labor day, so have been catching up from that. I haven't done real well the last few days, but I will do better tomorrow - a fresh start! I need to just forget about the days that I didn't do so well and move on. How have you been? I hope well!

It's amazing how miserable I am when I'm not eating LC and yet . . I do it anyways - :rolleyes: I don't exercise, I want to sleep all the time, I feel bloated, and I'm irritable - the list could go on and on - but I won't bore you.

Well I'm going to turn in for the night but I will write more tomorrow and I hope to hear from you too! Have a great day,

summer10
Thu, Sep-05-02, 06:29
Welcome back!!! :wave:

I've been thinking about, wondering how you were doing. I'm really glad you're back!

Don't worry about what happened, it's in the past. Just focus on starting fresh today.

I have the same issues, where I know if I eat right and exercise I'll feel better, but that doesn't always make it easier to DO IT.

I'm doing OK. Had my planned cheat over the Labor Day wkend but I am back on track and not planning another cheat until Thanksgiving. I'm also hoping to be down 5 more lbs by 11/01/02.

I'm at work, but I will check in later and see how you are doing.

Summer

treiser
Thu, Sep-05-02, 07:18
Summer,
Thanks for all the encouragement, it's so nice to know there is somewhere to go to talk with others that are experiencing similar things.

I know that I need to quit kicking myself in the butt and just GET ON WITH IT! So that is what I will do today! I do have to work tonight, which seems to help - keeps my mind off of things - like carbs!

I have the weekend off which will be nice - have plenty of time to get back into exercising - I actually miss it after my mini "vacation".

I have thought about journaling my food but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not? I see that you do it - does it seem to help you? In the past when I journaled my food I would get kind of obsessed with it - not sure if that is the right word, but it seems as though I was focusing on food way too much, instead of just feeling good. Please let me know your thoughts on this!

Hope you are having a great day and look forward to hearing from you again!

summer10
Thu, Sep-05-02, 14:29
Hi Tanya,

I have only been using a journal for a short time. At first I didn't think it would help, but now I do think that it does help. Knowing that I have to record what I eat makes me less likely to eat something I shouldn't .

I wait until after dinner and log everything I've eaten for the day. I eat the same things often so it's pretty easy for me to remember. You could try it and see how it goes. Or you could just record on the days when you have time. It's good to have other people look at your food and give you feed back - like you're not eating enough calories, or fat, or you're eating more carbs than you think you are.

If you try it and you don't like it, you can just stop.

Time for me to go home. I will talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Fri, Sep-06-02, 16:00
Hi Summer -

How is your day? Mine is good - although I slept most of it because I worked last night. I did exercise yesterday which felt awesome and I plan on going Saturday and Sunday.

I got a reply on my journal about eating the atkins bars, do you eat those? She said they have more carbs than you might think and they are not a good idea. I really enjoy having them, especially when I get off work in the morning and just want something quick before I go to bed. They don't seem to make me hungry or crave more - just give me something to eat thats quick and simple - but maybe I shouldn't be eating them I don't know?

I was so frustrated last night. I went exercising and then didn't have time for supper, so I stopped at a restaurant and ordered this salad that looked so good and figured I would eat it at work. Well I got my break at midnight and by then I was so looking forward to my salad, so I sat down to eat it, took a couple of bites and found this long, black hair in it - ugh!!!! I had watched the guy who made it and guess what??? He had long black hair and a beard! :Puke: So I didn't eat the salad and hadn't brought anything more with me, so I didn't eat - but I've felt deprived ever since. I do have a ham in the oven now though and it smells so good - can't wait!

I hope you have a great weekend! I'll be checking in regularly since I'm off work this weekend. Hope to hear from you soon -

summer10
Fri, Sep-06-02, 19:18
Hi Tanya,

How are you? I am so glad it's the weekend.

Your story about the salad is awful - I would have been horrified if that happened to me.

I do eat the Atkins bars. I used to eat them more often but I've been cutting down because I know people say they can be a problem. But I always carry one in my bag while I'm at work. I haven't noticed any changes with or without them, and everyone is different. But sometimes you need something quick or convenient and if they help you stay LC then I think they are worth it.

I noticed that Tanya (Tanyaskees) posted in your journal, I also talk to her and she has said that she ate the bars before she knew about the "hidden carbs" and she still lost without a problem. So maybe you should just watch how your losses are.

My feeling is that I MAY lose faster if I wasn't eating them but I'd rather have a bar than be stuck without something LC and end up at the vending machine in work.

Sorry my answer was so long!

That's great that you are off for the weekend. Tomorrow my boyfriend and I are taking a drive to Maine, for the day. But I'll be around tomorrow night and probably Sunday afternoon.

Sunday I'm planning on making a LC cheesecake - it's my bf bday and we can't have a "real" cake - although I offered to get him one - but he does LC to "help" me. I've made it before, but I'm going to try making it w/unsweetened cocoa for something different. Hope it comes out OK.

I'm rambling... So I'll talk to you soon.

Enjoy your time off.

Summer

treiser
Fri, Sep-06-02, 23:43
Summer - how do you make the LC cheesecake? I would like to make some - my husband loves cheesecake and so do I. Driving to Maine sounds like fun! Not only am I off for the weekend, I'm childless as well - oh my what will I do with myself? ha ha

I think that I will continue with the atkins bars when I need them, I was thinking today about them and thought if they keep me on track, I don't see a problem. I would rather "splurge" with one of them, than to feel deprived or not eat and then binge later.

Tanya

MarieA
Sat, Sep-07-02, 09:45
Hi Tanya,

I am so glad you are committed to LCing. It is exciting for me because I know it is the best thing for both of us. The exercise will help so much! We can accomplish anything together - even quilting!!

:cheer:

treiser
Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:00
Nicole - wait a minute did I hear you right??? QUILTING?? I've been waiting for the complusion to learn quilting to pass - so far it hasn't - uh oh! :confused: I'm really glad you have enjoyed this forum - I know I do - what a great place for support and encouragement!

Tanya

summer10
Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:01
Hi Tanya,

I agree about the LC bars. If you think they are causing you problems you can always cut them out later. But if they keep you LC then losing a little slower would be worth it. Keep one in your purse when your at work incase you have any other "bad" salad incidents. LOL

I've made LC cheesecake a couple of times. I've actually bought pre-made ones too and I've been tweaking my recipe - which I am in still in the process of doing, (I really like to cook). But this is how I've been making it:

3 8oz pkgs cream cheese (room temperature)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup splenda
2 tsps vanilla flavoring
2 tbsps sf jam

Beat the cream cheese and egg whites until fluffy. Then add the sugar and continue beating until mixed, then add the vanilla until mixed. (I use an electric mixer because it gets lighter and fluffier.)

Line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper, pour the mixture into the pan and bake in a pre-heated oven ~ 350 for approx 35 minutes. Remove from oven.
(You could just use a pie plate, but spray it with non-stick spray because there is no crust.)

Heat the jam in the microwave for about 1 minute so that it is runny. Drizzle over the top of the hot cheesecake then spread in a thin layer with a knife. (You can leave the jam off, but it gives it a nice extra flavor.)

Tomorrow I am going to try making it w/unsweetened chocolate. I'm guessing I'll use 1/4 - 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. And I think I may have to adjust the splenda but I won't know until I try it. I'll let you know if you're interested in trying it.

This freezes really well and my bf (who isn't doing LC), likes it too. He really liked it with the jam.

The first time I made it I used whole eggs, but it came out yellow and it looks nicer and has more cream cheese flavor if you only use just the whites.

Let me know how it comes out for you.

How many kids do you have? What ages? Where are they for the weekend? Enjoy your time off :Party:

Talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Sun, Sep-08-02, 00:00
Summer - thanks for the recipe - that sounds so good, I will try it - let me know how that new recipe turns out!

I have three kids ages 13, 12, and 9. They are at a friends of ours who has kids and he and his wife asked if they would like to come stay for the weekend - they live out in the country so my kids always have fun there. I really miss them when they are gone though - I think how wonderful it will be to have a weekend off - and then they are gone for a few hours and I miss them :cry:

I had a really great day today went exercising and stayed so busy I didn't have time to think about food. My best friend decided to join the forum as well, her name is Nicole, but screen name is MarieA. She does atkins and goes exercising with me which is a real help - it helps when you have a scheduled time to go exericise with someone - although we can be bad for each other and talk each other out of exercise too :thdown:

Well I suppose it's time to go to bed - hope you are having a great weekend - take care

summer10
Sun, Sep-08-02, 10:26
Hi Tanya,

I just finished making my cheesecakes. They are in the oven. I made a chocolate and plain, just incase the chocolate doesn't come out well, I will have a backup for the bday cake. For the chocolate I increased the splenda to 3/4 cup and I used 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, everything else is the same.
I'll let you know how they are after we try them.

That's good that your friend Nicole joined too. It must be nice to have someone to exercise with who is also on Atkins. I see she has a journal, I will stop by and say Hi to her.

That's really nice that you're friends took all three kids for the weekend. Good for you to have some time to yourself too.

I exercised this morning. I do much better if I get it over with in the morning. Looking forward to getting some things done around the house today and if I have time I may get another walk in.

Talk to you later.

Summer

treiser
Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:33
Summer- Hi, sounds like your weekend is going well! Mine has been good - glad to have the kids back, it's so quiet without them here.

It is really nice to have Nicole here, glad you stopped to say hi to her. She and I have been crocheting all weekend - neither of us have ever done that before - oh my!! :roll: We went to Walmart last night and started looking at patterns (neither of us are crafty) and all of the sudden we both have a bunch of yarn and teach yourself to crochette books in our carts! Anyways, it's fun and it keeps me busy and not thinking about food - so hey I'll muddle through!

I have tomorrow off from work so plan to exercise and get this house clean - it seems to be a never ending job around here (especially when the mom crochette's all weekend) :daze:

How did the cheesecake turn out? I can't wait to try it - will have to buy the ingredients next time I'm at the store - that sounds so good!
Will talk to you tomorrow -

MarieA
Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:46
OHHH CHEESECAKE!!! I LOVE CHEESECAKE. Summer - that recipe sounds great - I am definately going to try it!!!

Tanya - are you still crochetting?? Or have you decided sleep would be a good option??? I should do a few more rows but I am tired and am going to bed instead. Talk to you tomorrow.

:daze:

treiser
Sun, Sep-08-02, 22:14
Well I have turned to reading the forum now instead of crochetting. I was going to go to bed, just wanted to peak in here and enter my food for the day - HA! So here I am an hour later and I'm still reading and writing . . . Gee maybe after this I will get just a couple of more rows in - and then read and write some more - you get the picture, I have my days and nights mixed up - much like the babe's I take care of! :baby:

summer10
Mon, Sep-09-02, 06:09
Hi Tanya and Nicole,

The chocolate cheesecake was a big success, we had it last night even though his bday isn't until today. I even stuck a candle in it! My bf thought it was really good and asked several times, "are you sure this is LC?" I will definetly make it again.

That's great that you guys are crocheting. I used to crochet all the time, still have all the supplies but haven't done it in years. Maybe I should dig some stuff out, give me something to do when the winter gets here.

I just got to work, so I guess I should go and actually do something. Talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Mon, Sep-09-02, 13:46
Summer -

Glad the cheesecake was good - think I will make it for my husband's b-day which is coming up - he loves cheesecake!

Not much new here, except that I think I wore myself out crocheting this weekend - I'm pooped :yawn:

It's my daughters b-day today so I made a cake for her - that's so hard to smell, but so far so good! She wants to go swimming tonight so that will help - I can exercise and swim with her.

Hope you day is well, talk to you soon

summer10
Mon, Sep-09-02, 17:54
Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? Did you exercise? Where do you go swimming?

I didn't exercise today, I didn't feel that great.

What are you crocheting? Or are you just learning the stiches?

I used to make things all the time, but it seems like I never have time anymore... not sure why but I always seem to have things going on.

Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Summer

treiser
Mon, Sep-09-02, 20:45
Summer - I go swimming at the gym, it's great to have it all in one place, however I did not go tonight - just don't feel very well, hopefully this will pass soon (TOM).

I learned some stitches in crochet when I was a little girl, but never made anything and this weekend I bought a beginners book and crocheted a whole aphgan - not sure what happened to me, I guess I felt the need to be creative - wow!! hope that doesn't happen to horribly often - I was obsessed!!

I do think it will be nice to crochet this winter though, I get so bored around here in the winter, so this will give me something to keep my hands busy!

Probably won't be on tomorrow night, but will post on Wednesday - hope you have a great couple of days!

summer10
Wed, Sep-11-02, 06:19
Hi Tanya,

Wow, you must have been obsessed - you're already done with an afghan? That is impressive.

It's TOM for me too. I feel huge and stressed. Hopefully I'll feel better once it's over.

I didn't post last night either. BUT, I did walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes - even though I didn't feel like it. Then I had some cooking to do (made hb eggs for breakfasts - I make them in adv) and I baked some chicken for lunches - but I didn't bring my lunch today because I just didn't feel like making anything else. All I wanted to do was get on the couch. I'll have to either get a salad or eat an Advantage bar for lunch.

I'm at work now - so I'll talk to you later.

Summer

treiser
Wed, Sep-11-02, 22:21
Hi Summer - sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days - just been working and feeling exhausted - oh well it will pass. I know that I was obsessed I look at the afghan and think - how in the world did I finish it - nervous energy I guess! I should have been working out instead - oh well.

How was your day? Mine was not real good - still having trouble getting back on track, but it will happen. I need to go buy groceries for one thing. I live in this little town that has a grocery store, but charges an arm and a leg so need to get to Sioux Falls.

Well I best get going to bed - I will write more tomorrow!

summer10
Thu, Sep-12-02, 06:15
Hi Tanya,

Hope you got some rest. Will you have time to shop today? Having the "right" foods available definetly makes this WOL easier.

I'm tired today too. My bf has a horrible cold - and he was up coughing all night which resulted in me being awake too. I sounds awful and I know he's miserable - I've been giving him cough syrup which doesn't seem to be helping. But I need some sleep!

The last 2 nights I haven't been able to get online so what little posting I'm doing I do during the day. I hope I'll have some time to get online tonight.

Talk to you soon.

Summer

treiser
Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:25
Hi Summer - sorry to hear about your bf's cold - it's definetly going around here too - I've heard so many people talking about colds - I don't want one!! Anyways, hope he feels better soon.

Do you need help because your not having a good week? or just because you are tired? I hope your week is well, I did go buy groceries tonight, so tomorrow will be much better! I know that I need to keep things on hand, but I end up getting so low on groceries and that's what gets me alot of the time. I read Dr. Atkins new book - not sure how "new" it is, but new to me, it was informative and I learned things that I'm not sure were in the old one, or maybe you just learn more the second time around. Anyways, I plan to add more variety to my veggies, for some reason I think lettuce and that's about it - and I get so bored with lettuce - especially from home. So I bought some brocoli and green beans - sad that I'm excited about those isn't it?? :spin:

Well I suppose I better check the rest of the posts - hope your week is going well and you get some much needed rest - talk to you later

summer10
Fri, Sep-13-02, 06:24
Hi Tanya,

Oh, I'm so glad it's Friday! I think my comment about needing help was related to not losing for so long - I haven't had a loss since 08/10/02. Now that TOM is gone I'm hoping I'll see a loss. I am going to try to exercise more too. I've been doing 4x a week for 30 minutes each time. I guess that is not enough. Some weeks I get in 5x but I think I need to do it for a longer duration each time. So I am going to try that this weekend - even if I have to do it in 2 30 minute segments - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I've done this before, but not consistently.

My bf is a little better today, hope he well enough tomorrow so we can do something. Saturday is going to be a nice day, but Sunday we are supposed to get rain.

I tend to eat the same veggies over and over too. Salad, broccoli, green beans and coleslaw. But mostly salad.

Have a good day.

Summer

treiser
Fri, Sep-13-02, 06:45
Hi Summer - sorry about the slow weight loss, I know how frustrating that can be. Maybe it's from the exercise? I think that you should be proud of going 4 times/week - that is great! I've found in the past that I don't lose right away with exercise and then all of the sudden I will see a 4lb loss - so hopefully that will come for you soon. Also after my TOM I usually lose - maybe it's just that you are losing inches right now- whatever the case, keep up the great work and the rewards will follow.

I am going to exercise today before work, I feel so much better with exercise - more energy, less hungry, etc. It's been raining here for the last two days - kind of nice, but hard to get outside to do much. Was hopeing to get some yard work done - guess I will have to just stay inside today and clean the house - yeah :thdown:

Hope you have a great weekend - I work so not sure how much I will get to post, but will try!

summer10
Sat, Sep-14-02, 18:44
Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I'm good. My bf is alot better and we went shopping together today - not his favorite activity but he said he'd come and who am I to argue. But that meant no exercise for me today and I didn't exercise yesterday either. I'm definetly have to make up for it tomorrow.

I weighed this morning and I lost the weight I had gained from TOM. I'm hoping I'm going to have a LOSS soon.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day - so I figure I'll have plenty of time to exercise and make some LC stuff for lunches. I already took a roast out of the freezer for dinner. I'm planning to stay in and not do much else.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Summer

treiser
Mon, Sep-16-02, 20:08
Hi Summer how are you? It seems like it's been ages since I've been on the computer - but just a couple of days I guess - when I work nights I lose track of time.

So how did your weekend go? Did you get in some exercise? I hope so - I didn't, but I will have to work really hard this week now.

Haven't been doing real well with the eating - but not completely overboard either - so will work harder at that as well.

Hope all is well with you and I will write more tomorrow!

summer10
Tue, Sep-17-02, 17:31
Hi Tanya,

I did exercise both Sunday and yesterday. I took today off. Both days I did 40 minutes and felt like I got a workout. Now I realize I probably haven't been doing enough. So I'm going to maintain the 40 minutes and work on getting up to an hour.

I did have a good weekend last weekend. Did lots of shopping. Got some xmas gifts already and bought myself some new clothes. I know I should wait until I lose more weight, but I can't control myself! LOL

How was your weekend? Do you always work on the weekend?

So, what's going on with your food? How many carbs a day are you having? You've got to get low enough to get into ketosis.

Talk to you soon.

Summer

summer10
Thu, Sep-19-02, 05:53
Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I'm OK. Looking forward to the weekend... I know I am wishing my life away but life is just so much better when you don't have to work!

I've been doing well with my exercise. I am really hoping for a loss this weekend.

Have a good day.

Summer

summer10
Mon, Sep-23-02, 18:15
Hi Tanya,

How are you? Nicole mentioned that you went away, where did you go? Vacation I hope.

I'm doing OK. I finally lost another pound!!! I am happy even though it's only one, I was way overdue.

Summer