PDA

View Full Version : Just stared today! <Atkin's>

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Twister
Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:47
Okay so I just started today on my Atkin's plan. So far this is what I have eaten... Am I on the right track?

Breakfast: 07:30am> 2 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage patties, cooked in pan with butter.

Lunch 11:30am> went to Western Sizzlin and on the buffet I had 2 chopped steak rounds and a baked chicken thigh. All Meat.

They let you take a to go box so I still have 2 baked chicken thighs and another chopped steak. Guess that's what I will have for dinner.

I have cheese and summer sausage in case a snack attack comes but I have not felt hungry yet. I only want to lose about 30lbs. I am 160lbs right now.

Day one almost down!!!
:roll:

EZasPie
Thu, Aug-22-02, 18:34
Hi Twister:

It sounds like you're on the right track. You can have 2 - 3 cups of salad veggies and 1 cup per day of other cooked veggies if salad doesn't exceed 2 cups. Just keep the carbs under 20. A carb counter book helps or go to Fitday online at www.fitday.com (a useful site to keep track). Drink plenty of water 64 oz a day.

I only started on induction 11 days ago and I don't really have any cravings for sugar or carbs and the pounds are melting away. Yeah.........Debbie

Twister
Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:55
I had a cup of cole slaw and a rueben sandwich without the bread for dinner.

Is it bad if you have 10 carbs or less a day?

lilwannabe
Sat, Aug-24-02, 01:19
:nono: You do not want to have 10 or less carbs per day...You will not lose quicker if you have 10 carbs or less a day...but you will probably NOT feel healthy...and this is about eating healthy...it is not a quick fix diet...if you do this just to lose weight, then stop, you will gain all the weight back+++ Therefore..please...be patient...stick to 20 carbs for your first 2 weeks...then increase slightly each week :) ...Make sure your calories are 10-12 x's your body weight...Also know that because you only have 30 lbs to lose...you can expect to lose 10% during induction...5% there after...that is the general rule anyhow...Remember to eat your veggies :) ...You may not feel well over the next few days :Puke: ...please note that this is just your body detoxifing from the carbs...you may experience, headaches, muscle aches, dizziness and be cranky...but soon you will feel like a new person oozing energy...it truely does feel great once you get the carbs out of your system!!! :yay:

tizzielish
Sun, Aug-25-02, 13:59
Your body needs carbs. It is my understanding that if you go very long with extremely low carb count, like 10, you can get sick.

On the other hand, I have read about some stall breakers (on the internet, not here) that are a very brief remedy for a stall, like two or three days, in which you go pure protein. I think Dr. Stillman's diet has all protein days.

A note: even some protein has carbs. Like eggs: almost none, but some.

If you are just a few days into induction, you will be feeling changes which express as discomfort for some people. The discomfort is fleeting. Hang in there.

Coleslaw and a rueben: sounds good to me.