PDA

View Full Version : A little concerned

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Donalee
Thu, Aug-22-02, 07:24
Hi Everyone, first of all I would like to say that I have gotten such helpful info at this site. Recipes, etc.. SO I SAY THANKS! I don't have much time to post though.

I just had my cholesterol checked and it was 228. Well, about nine years ago I remember having it checked and it was about the same number. But of course since doing LC, I am alittle worried.

I am so happy with the results I have gotten with Adkins. My body seems to be shrinking away. I can not imagine stopping this way of life. I am so fulfilled.

I have not been exercising. I think I will start and see if that helps. Does anyone think I should try naicin?

I can't remember my starting weight exactly. But I am down to 159 lbs now.

Again, thanks for any opinions. Donalee

CindySue48
Thu, Aug-22-02, 16:31
You don't say how old you are....but chances are you can't compare levels done 10 yrs ago with ones done recently.

I'm 48....when I was 45 I had a total Cholesterol of <150....one year later it was 208. I wasn't LCing then....but my diet had improved in that I was eating more salads, home cooking and less fast food/take out.

If you're concerned ask the doc to test again in a few weeks.

And exercise does help. As far as I know there's no controversy about that!

Kayceecan
Thu, Aug-22-02, 17:00
:wave: Hi Donalee.
I agree with CindySue. Get it re-checked, you might be pleasantly surprised :p I hope..
I'm 53 years old...I started LCing June 3 and lost 15 pounds in three weeks. Since then, nothing. But, got my blood tests back..... Total Cholesterol...198, down to 153....LDL...95, down to 88.....VLDL (whatever that is) 47, down to 18...and tryglicerides....236, down to 91.....So, I may not be losing the weight...but I guess I'm accomplishing something. :D So, get those tests and Good luck!