PDA

View Full Version : HELP cant lose weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lhuling
Wed, Feb-28-01, 18:11
I am 28 yrs old. I am interested in loseing 15 pounds but i really need to lose 5-10 in 3 weeks... even 5 would be good. I have continuiosly tried different diets and nothing work. Please I need help.
I am trying out for a job in 3 weeks. I dont look fat and people are suprised when i talked about wanting to lose the weight.
How many Carbs is good to eat in a day? Someone told me 30 but my sister said you can eat more then that. What is a good amount.

tamarian
Wed, Feb-28-01, 20:43
If you don't mind me asking, what's you hight and gender, and what kind of bone structure do you have?

The last few pounds are always the hardest. Any exercise routines?

Wa'il

lhuling
Thu, Mar-01-01, 08:03
I am 5'4" and I am a female.
My bone structure is medium I do believe.....

I do taebo every other day, with aroebic the opposite days...

Thanks, Lonni

tamarian
Thu, Mar-01-01, 09:04
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lhuling
I am 5'4" and I am a female.
My bone structure is medium I do believe.....

I do taebo every other day, with aroebic the opposite days...
[QUOTE]

Hi Lonni,

This is why I asked, you're very close to the ideal weight according to the different weight tables. Add the fact that these tables don't account for highly active/athletic people. This means you may not have a lot or any weight to lose, and the "extra" weight is just the added muscle from the exercise.

Wa'il

lhuling
Thu, Mar-01-01, 09:08
I have always weighed 130 lbs when i worked out of my home. i was a manager and did all the unloading of trucks and had more muscles then i think.
THen i started a day care inmy home 2 yrs ago, i then gained the extra 10 lbs and cant lose them. i gained them in 2 yrs.
I try the heralife, but i get so light headed that i have to eat a cracker or something small when i take the meal supressants.. is this normal i dont know..
I would just love to weigh the 130 again..... back side is where the weigh has gone, i always wore a size 9 pants and they were loose, now i wear a 10 and they are tight.... see y i am so upset and discouraged????

lonni

tamarian
Thu, Mar-01-01, 09:26
Look at the bright side, you only have 10 to lose, not like me, 60 lbs, after losing a 100 lbs.

The only thing is 3 weeks may be unreasonable to lose what took 2 years to gain. Just follow the plan, and let you body find it's way. Good luck! :)

TammyD
Thu, Mar-01-01, 10:56
I sort of understand how frustrating losing 10 lbs. might be. It sounds like you do lots of toning and aerobic exercise but perhaps cutting that back a bit and adding some weights (resistance)would build the upperbody strength and lean body mass you once enjoyed. That could mean the difference between a size 9 and 10...

Look up Body For Life on a search engine...That would be great for you