PDA

View Full Version : Hello all......

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ginny
Wed, Aug-21-02, 10:20
Well kinda bummed about my first 3 weeks...I have lost perhaps 2 pounds...and gained quite a bit in my stomache area, feel as though its water gain. any ideas? I am eating chix,pork,steak, salads, cheese and eggs. Prob not drinking enough water and am trying to change that as of right this momment. I am so frusterated I don't want to give up! HELP!

Kayceecan
Wed, Aug-21-02, 11:40
:wave: Hi Ginny,

Welcome. Ill just repeat what I just wrote to another new LCer;

There are lots of others that are going through the same thing as you are. But I'm sure, if you stick with it, you'll see some results soon! Just try and forget the scale for a while (if you can) Give it some more time!....Too many give up too soon because they compare themselves with others...And if they would have stayed a little longer, they would have succeeded. Remember the weight didn't come overnight...either will the weight loss. And, I would rather eat this way, than "starve" on a low fat diet....and still not drop the weight as fast as I would like!...Try to be a little more patient (although I know its hard) You're doing better than you think! If you list exactly what you are eating...(starting a journal is the best way)...the others can see where you might be needing some help. And, since you don't have a lot of weight to lose, it'll take a little longer than those that have a lot to lose. Don't give up, You have a lot of support here....Just keep reading all the writings of others, it should give you some info. and inspiration. Good Luck! :thup:
Peace, K.C.

Ginny
Fri, Aug-23-02, 11:48
i did as you suggested and started a journal...I am gaining weight however...don't quite know how but I am. Should I chuck my scale in the trash? It's driving me crazy..I know I know, be patient. I shall try....am I perhaps not drinking enough water, could that be it?

kypraia
Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:13
hi Ginny,

I'm about three weeks in also, same place as you. I got frustrated when I was gaining weight I thought I had lost, and I decided to drink TONS of water, and it worked. So you know how they say 64 oz a day? That is no where near enough. I poured a whole pitcher full of water and put ice in it and kept drinking till it was gone. I think I got 15 glasses of water out of it. And guess what? I was in the b-room a lot, but the water weight came off and my weight stabilized at a lower weight!

So if you feel like you arent' getting enough water, YOU AREN'T. You'll know when you're getting enough, because you'll be in the bathroom saying "Wasn't I just in here??"

Hint: I found that sometimes if I just can't drink water, using a straw makes it easier to drink more without noticing it. Try that.
Good luck, and go drink a glass of water!
Kypraia

greentea
Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:15
Hi Ginny,
I drink about 100 oz. of water a day. Other than a.m. coffee
and greentea thats all I drink.
I don't even have a scale in the house. Might do you good to set
yours in the garage for awhile :) . Any meds. you might be on
could slow progress too but "slow" is not STOP so hang in there.
greentea :wave:

Ginny
Fri, Aug-23-02, 13:26
hey..I do think I figured it out...hubbyhas been buying flavored water carbonated and I have been drinking it like crazy..figured..fat free caffiene free..guess what...not sugar free!! decided to go through everything in the fridge and try to see if there was any reason to my non-weight loss! YAHOO! although I feel a bit like an idiot for not thinking about this sooner, I am so very glad of my discovery..now I must call my husband!! Thanks for your input everyone!!!! :daze: :daze: :p :p

Kayceecan
Fri, Aug-23-02, 15:16
:wave: Hi Ginny,

Have you killed your husband yet! :lol:
Bet you'll read the labels a lot more carefully now....They do make the flavored water sugar free! Its really not too bad. But I think it has aspartame in it. But, I guess that doesn't bother everyone.
Glad you found out about that good tasing water now and not later!
Good Luck! K.C.