PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thank you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

feistyminx
Tue, Aug-20-02, 03:37
Just joined up yesterday and have already found a wealth of info regarding what I am doing right and wrong. I am on DANDR and expected to lose at least 9lbs in induction since I have no problem getting and staying in ketosis. It is good to know that the immense slow down isn't really a slow down but my body actually doing what it is supposed to be doing (I have approximately 19lbs to lose so I have already lost more than the 10%). I will keep reading the threads and stay encouraged by all of you results . . .and I will try to be PATIENT!!!! aaaarg it is soooo hard! ;)

Is the yo yo dieting like that article on another sight that talks about the 'golden chance' where you have a one time shot at free and easy weight loss with LC and if one goes off it then it will be twice as hard to lose again because the body resists? Does anyone know how long this affects weight loss?

Thank you everyone for being there!

Cheers,
Feisty Minx :wave:

LittleAnne
Tue, Aug-20-02, 14:22
Hi Feisty Minx and welcome from another UK member.

Glad you have joined the site. There is so much to learn when you start low carbing. As you do not have to much to loose do not be looking for to quick a weight loss. Get out there and get the exercise in and tone the muscles up at the same time.

How is Bournemouth at the moment. My cousin lives there and I come down every once in a while.

Pop into a few peoples journals and see what they get up to. There is also a support group for UK residents. That way you can find out other UK members.

Every success for the future.

feistyminx
Tue, Aug-20-02, 14:53
Hi Anne,

Thank you I will look into what you said, and it is nice to know there are others in the UK supporting one another.

Bournemouth is great, and crowded. I dread the bank holiday! lol ;) You are up outside Bromley, right? I 've only lived here a year so I am still getting acustomed to the different areas.

Hope to speak with you again soon.
Thank you again for the great advice.

FM :wave: