PDA

View Full Version : gained back 4 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DIANNA711
Mon, Aug-19-02, 05:14
hello, i was so excited to finally lose, 5 lbs, but today when i weighted i was back up 4lbs, what am i doing wrong. its close to the my period, do you think that could be it, thank you dianna

CindySue48
Mon, Aug-19-02, 07:15
Dianna

Don't get discouraged! It's probably water weight if you're close to your period! I've been known to gain 5-6 pounds practically overnight when I was due (menopause now). Keep on doing what you're doing. And don't get into weighing yourself daily! Once your period is over you'll probably loose the 4 plus a few more.

Also helpful on here....post what you've been eating. If you're doing something wrong someone will be able to tell you what!

Mainly, just keep trying. Even if you are at a plateau, things will get moving soon.

Good luck! Here is definitly the place to come for support and advice!

TeriDoodle
Mon, Aug-19-02, 11:55
Around here we have a cute little acronym for our periods... TOM (time of month)! So if you see that around...that's what that is. ;)

Yes, TOM makes life difficult on many levels, but especially when you're trying to lose weight! #1 rule is don't go anywhere NEAR a scale during the week or 10 days before TOM!! It will most definitely mess wit yo mind!!

DIANNA711
Mon, Aug-19-02, 16:11
thank you all so much, i will try my hardest not to go near those scales, but iam hooked on them, my husband went on the diet with me and he has lost 18pounds, its great for him, but he didnt need to lose any weight, but he has really helped me to stick to the diet, i just to see results to. i eat eggs, steak chicken, fish, and the vegetables, that are allowed and drink lots and lots of water. thank you dianna

TeriDoodle
Mon, Aug-19-02, 17:33
Oh WAIT...I got that wrong!! #1 Rule is STICK TO THE PLAN!! #2 Rule is don't go near the scales 7-10 days before TOM. ;)

CindySue48
Tue, Aug-20-02, 06:23
Have your hubby hide the scales! Have him bring it out once a week, then hide it again! ;)

Iowagirl
Tue, Aug-20-02, 14:16
And take your measurements! You will be pleasantly suprised to see inches fall away even when the scales don't move (bad scale! :devil: ).

Good luck! :)