PDA

View Full Version : How will YOU reward yourself???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

starchile
Sun, Aug-18-02, 14:36
Ok, so a lot of us are in 'group challenges' to help motivate us through to some short term goals..."No Cheat Til..." or "Countdown to...". My question is how will you reward yourself once you get there???

Originally I was thinking "once I make it to Labor Day I'm gonna have a big fat bowl of Rocky Road Ice Cream!!!" And then I thought about it...jeez then I'll never get back on track!! I'll mess up the nice roll that I'm on that is so powerful that it has allowed me to say no to donuts, fresh baked pastries, tortilla chips and salsa AND chocolate chip cookies!!!!

Well, I decided to change my reward. I have decided to make my rewards things that I have wanted to buy for myself but wouldn't b/c I felt like I should be spending the money on something else...like a bill or getting something around the house fixed. I'm going to reward myself by putting myself FIRST!

SOOOOooo, for the Labor day challenge I've decided to buy myself some jewelry...maybe a ring or some earrings. HELL MAYBE BOTH!

And for the Countdown to 250 challenge I'm going to buy myself some NEW CLOTHES! (which I have not bought since I started!)

What about YOU???? What are you going to do for yourself???

Peace,
Star

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Sep-07-02, 10:53
:lol: :lol: :lol:
But instead of waiting for myself to loose my wieght, I have rewarded myself for getting back on track. I went through my clothes and anything that did not fit ie. way too small or just the wrong colour for me I got rid of. Now I guess I should explain this. I think that when I lose wieght, I should get new (or new to me) clothes. The stuff I have in my closet is so out of date, and the stuff I'm going to wear while I'm loosing should atleast fit and be the right color. It was extremely liberating for me.
Jo-Ann :wave:

jus2muchme
Tue, Nov-12-02, 13:45
I know exactly what I'm going to do for myself when I lose all my weight.

I am going to buy myself a fur coat. I've been wanting one for years!