PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

liberty
Thu, Aug-15-02, 04:25
Hi I'm new here,

I have been following TSP for about 4 weeks now and have lost 7lbs. I started of on the Hellers carb addicts diet ......so i eased myself in to the TSP woe.
TSP is definitely more inline with the way i view food and what impact it has on our physiology. In fact my doctor recommended that i go on a high fat/protein diet...........she was right it really has helped my hyperinsulin levels and serotonin levels (i also have statrted taking st.johns wort too). I also take all sorts of vits/minerals and digestive enzymes......which now seem to be better absorbed ...i think due to a higher fat content in my diet.

If anyone is new to this sort of diet from a high carb diet ..........perserve for the first two weeks as you will/may be going through withdrawal...............which can be somewhat disturbing if u cut out carbs to low levels too quickly. I had fairly severe reactions to reducing my carb levels ........a dark depression........prob due to low serotonin levels, the need to sleep more and feeling utterly weak and exhausted. once this passes u start to feel human again......and it is sure worth enduring!!!! However, u may be lucky and breeze through it.......i hope so.

I have some questions if anyone can help. I am housebound at the moment somedays I am bedbound too due to having ME/CFS relapse hence cannot exercise at all at the moment, will this interfere with weight loss?

Has anyone noticed a change in their appetite during their menstral cycle. I get more cravinghs for carbs after ovulation for 2 weeks. But after i have started i have little appetite and have to FORCE my self to eat 3 x a day!

I think this site is very supportive and inspirational...............THANKYOU!

Liberty x

TheBetty
Thu, Aug-15-02, 12:17
Good to have you here, all the way from the UK! :)

Congrats on your success on SP, not just the weight loss, but in overcoming the withdrawals. :yay:

To answer your question re exercise slowing weight loss, I would say, of course, it may cause a slower loss--perhaps.

I didn't really do much in the way of exercise when I first started, and yet I lost quite a bit in the first 3 months.

I may have lost faster or lost MORE, but I'll never know, and it really doesn't matter much to me at this point.

You'll never know if it hinders the speed of your loss by not exercising, but don't consternate too much. You can just relax and let your body heal itself first, then when you're able, exercise then.

Wishing you well and looking forward to seeing you around. :wave: