PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

w24olfpack
Mon, Aug-12-02, 08:17
Just wanted to say hi. Started Atkins two weeks ago and am down 11 pounds. Plan to stay in induction for at least another week. So far, it hasn't been too bad, but I'm going to be on the road for 10 days next week and could use the moral support.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice. Hopefully as I move down the road, I'll be able to contribute as well as receive.

THANKS

JW

VictoriaT
Tue, Aug-13-02, 15:53
HI JW
11lbs in 2 weeks! WOW Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment. I am also on Atkins-and have been LCing for 2 months as of today. I am really happy with the results-I feel so much better and have so much more energy!!

I, too, stay on induction levels of about 20-25g carbs a day. Somedays I eat a bit more, but if I do its always fruit or veggies. I just like having all my carbs from fruit and veggies. I am a major bread addict and so I stay away from that type of food, even mock breads!

Anyway congrats on your progress. Keep eating at least 20g carbs a day, try and drink as much water as you can on your trip and keep a positive attitude!!! WE are all here for you!!!

Vicki

destro
Tue, Aug-13-02, 19:34
Greetings, JW,

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you can come back when you are on the road. I have had a couple of unexpected road trips since I officially started my LC way of life on June 25th and I have discovered that one can eat out and stick with the program. I order salad dressing on the side and don't use it if it seems to be the slightest bit sweet; I eat lots of burgers without the buns, and I pack plenty of water with me.

Best of luck!

Natalie

w24olfpack
Wed, Aug-14-02, 08:39
Thanks for the support. I head out Sat, so I'm trying to be extra good this week.

I love the looks you get when you ask for just the burger. Some folks just don't get it.

JW

VictoriaT
Wed, Aug-14-02, 10:53
HI JW
One thing --if you get a burger, and you dont really feel like asking for no bun, ask for the burger WITH ketchup. That way the cheese stays on the burger and you can wipe that ketchup off. Usually I was getting it with no ketchup and all the freaking cheese would stick to the bun :lol: someone told me to order it with ketchup and it does work!!!

you will do great! keep up the good work!

vicki

w24olfpack
Mon, Aug-19-02, 13:50
That's an AWESOME idea. Make alot of sense.

Thanks
JW

Kayceecan
Tue, Aug-20-02, 02:20
:wave: Hi J.W.,
Welcome to the forum! You'll get lots of support and advice here. Have a good trip!

Peace, K.C.