PDA

View Full Version : nice to be here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mikki1972
Sun, Aug-11-02, 19:44
hi everyone.i'm mikki and i've just recently started low carbing.ok so i suppose i had a little extra motivation to get here other then losing weight.my doc says i'm borderline diabetic and i've not been able to lose any weight since january.i was doing a calorie counting exercise plan.doc figures i just can''t process carbs right anymore so now i've taken it beyong the white flour & sugar thing to eliminating evrything but veggies and protein.it's a little tricky and i still have days where i feel really weak.hoping being here helps me figure some of that out. :wave:

VictoriaT
Tue, Aug-13-02, 15:59
Hi Mikki
WOW! You certainly have lost a lot of weight! :clap: Congrats to you!

There are many people on here who are borderline diabetic or who ARE diabetic--you may want to pop into their journals and talk to them. Some of my friends are lilwannabe (borderline) and destro (diabetic). You can also look around the forum under diabetes and look for answers there!

Welcome to the board! To get to peoples journals, go to teh main page and scroll down to journals. They are arranged alphabetically so look under L for lilwannabe and D for destro.

Keep up the great work and feel free to stop by my journal anytime. Its pretty fun in there ! :lol:

Vicki :wave:

destro
Tue, Aug-13-02, 19:23
Hi Mikki,

Isn't Vicki wonderful! I am a type two Diabetic (diagnosed in Sept. of 1999) and I can vouch for the fact that the low carb diet has made all the difference. My blood sugars are now not only normal, but on the LOW side of normal. :D

I feel wonderful, have lost that dreadful sleepy feeling, my blood fats have also improved considerably. This is definitely the way to go to avoid full-fledged diabetes and to avoid medications, complications, and an assorted "menu" of unpleasantness.

I am so glad that you found LC at this point!

I hope to learn more about you soon.

Destro--that's my user name; my real name, Natalie, was already taken here.

Natalie