PDA

View Full Version : What is the average weekly WL amount?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JellyBeans
Sun, Aug-11-02, 13:35
Hi I am fairly new to PP (1week) I was curious to know how much weight is the normal to expect to lose in the first few weeks? and then on a weekly rate? I haven't been able to pinpoint anything in the book on it..am I missing it?
Thanks

Natrushka
Sun, Aug-11-02, 13:43
Jelly, I'm not sure there is anything about expected losses posted in the book (and I can't check as both my copies of PP and PPLP are on loan), however, the average loss when you begin LCing is 10% of goal in the first two weeks and 5% every month there after. This is an average - people lose more, some lose less, some stall and plateau - all perfectly normal.

HTH
Nat

JellyBeans
Sun, Aug-11-02, 14:39
AWESOME :D Thanks for the GREAT info..that helps me out alot :)

giggle4fun
Wed, Nov-06-02, 09:02
I was reading through here and wondering why in the heck I wasn't losing faster. And it finally occured to me.. :idea: ..I've lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks...if my goal was 75 pounds then I've hit that 10% mark with some to spare!

Boy! How sad is that? I've "dieted" for so many years now that 9 ounds in 3 weeks doesn't thrill me. It seems like my mind is going to have to adjust to this new WOL as much as my body!!