PDA

View Full Version : new and looking for a buddy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dizzy
Sun, Aug-11-02, 12:16
Hello! I used the Atkins formula to lose around 25 pounds a year ago. Since then I've not followed the eating plan and gained about 10 back. I would like to lose the 10 and an additional 20 - down to 130 pounds or a size 8 (whichever comes first!). I've been researching recipes and trying new ideas and need some support and guidance in this venture. Of course, I would do my best to provide the same. I recently bought the Mommy Style SMART program and have been listening to the "retraining" CD's and have noticed a minor change in the last week.

If you're interested, just let me know! This is the first forum I've ever joined, so please forgive any mistakes or typos. Thanks!

Talon
Sun, Aug-11-02, 12:19
Welcome! :wave:

You picked a great forum to join, this is one of the best... strike that.. this *IS* the best forum around. Have you been over to Karen's kitchen on this forum? Great recipes there.

dizzy
Sun, Aug-11-02, 12:27
Yes, I have the recipes for french toast and hashbrowns! Plus the rolls and meatloaf and am on the way to the super market! Later I'll check some other recipes and try to remember it is one step at a time and not leaps and bounds. Thanks!! I firmly believe this is the best weight loss and maintenance plan around. Even though I basically reverted to my old way of eating, I didn't gain ALL the weight back. Of course, even when I cheated, I was ALWAYS aware of the carb content, it truly changes how you see food FOREVER.