PDA

View Full Version : Net impact Carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alexoc949
Sun, Aug-11-02, 00:53
Hello, I have a question about the carbs in some of these high protein bars. For instance this MET-RX Protein Plus bar (chocolate roasted peanut). This is what a portion of the label on back reads, in it's entirety.

Carbohydrate Information
This Protein Plus bar contains only 4 grams of Net Impact Carbs that should be counted toward your daily carbohydrate intake.
NON IMPACT CARBS 24 g
[COLOR=red]__________________________________________

So does this mean I only count 4 carbs for this bar? If so, Protein Plus also advertises there low net carb count. I hope this wasn't an irritating one by listing all that, I just thought maybe someone would like to read it. Thanks.
Alex

Natrushka
Sun, Aug-11-02, 07:37
Alex, those 'net impact carbs' come from two sources, glycerine and sugar alcohols and they effect us all differently. Some people react to them just as though they were real carbs, others do not. It's a YMMV issue (Your Milage May Vary).

Here is some information on sugar alcohols (http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips010.html)

And here's some on Glycerine (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45930&highlight=glycerine) (it's long but it's informative).

HTH
Nat

Alexoc949
Mon, Aug-12-02, 00:36
Mine as well stay away from it. There are some other good bars out there, as you know. Thanks for the low down. You can almost ask the question, Is Nat a real person, does she exist or is she a computer data base system with all the answers and a picture attached.

Alex