PDA

View Full Version : First time on LC diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jan C
Sat, Aug-10-02, 19:51
Greetings! :wave:

I started a LC WOE 2 days ago and am looking forward to success. I am 45 years old and weigh 141 pounds. I am hoping to loose 15 - 20 pounds. I am married and have 3 young children.

So far, I am able to stick to low carb foods, but I find my stomach is always grumbling!! I am also pretty cranky at times. I have done some searching here and have read that this usually passes - I hope so!!

I drink lots of water, take supplements and exercise.

I am amazed at the information on this forum. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on the computer! It is great to know there is all that support out there.

Talon
Sat, Aug-10-02, 20:09
Welcome! :wave:

If your tummy is grumbing then eat! Eat whatever is on plan, if you are on induction and can't have cheese - but cheese is the only leagal food you crave ... eat it!

One thing this WOE isn't is a hunger diet. Dr. A says if you are hungry, then you are doing the diet wrong. Eat!

damaraq
Sat, Aug-10-02, 20:23
Hi Jan and welcome,

Congrads on getting started. It is usually pretty easy in the begining because we are not used to not being hungry all the time. The hardest part is usually breaking the carb, sugar, and caffeine habits the first few days, but it does get better so hang in there.

Good luck,

Damaraq :roll: