PDA

View Full Version : The last frontier .. :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

livinglife
Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:00
The last frontier .. says it all. Time to make a change that just isn't about weight loss but everything a healthy lifestyle encompasses. Starting Atkins today after a lot of research and have found my attitude is quite different with this no-carbs thing. Shopping has been fun and I think I can do this. Good luck to all the newbies out there and stay the course! :roll:

chrish
Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:02
It is kinda fun, isn't it? :)

livinglife
Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:10
Fun yes .. but I also suspect this will be my "magic bullet". I have never tried the no-carbs thing and since I have been learning about it, I have paid a lot of attention to my body and when I eat and how my body reacts. What I thought was "fullness" was perhaps my blood sugar raging out of control! Good luck to you. :wave:

Marlaine
Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:47
Hi there livinglife.....

And welcome to the forum. I think that you find yourself in excellent company, doing LC in Vancouver. Have you checked out the Canada forum? A peek there will let you see just how many of us there are here!

Wishing you every success on your LC journey.

Marlaine

Talon
Sat, Aug-10-02, 11:49
Welcome! :wave: And remember, this way of eating is not a no-carbs diet, but a low-carbs diet!

livinglife
Sat, Aug-10-02, 12:19
Thanks, Marlaine. I just noticed how many Canadians are here .. particularly British Columbians. Thanks for your note :)

livinglife
Sat, Aug-10-02, 12:20
Yes, Talon .. you are right. Lo-carbs :)

Thanks for your note!

damaraq
Sat, Aug-10-02, 20:45
Hi there and welcome,

Well it is good you did your research first. Now that you have the basics down feel free to jump in anytime you have a question or have some insight to share with the rest of us.

You are absolutely right about it being a lifestyle change. Just losing the weight (as most of us know from personal experience) won't change the other issues we have going on.

Good luck,

damaraq :roll: