PDA

View Full Version : intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shaylenus
Tue, Aug-06-02, 16:28
hello, I'm on day 2 of induction, and am delighted
to find this support group. I am new to LC, having subscribed to the high carb/low fat regiman for years and recently read for myself the Atkins nutritional approach, wow, I sure had a lot of misconceptions! so it makes sense, but is scary to start something so opposite of my deeply held opinions, yet exciting too, because I've been inspired by the success stories.
looking forward to participating and learning from you all. shaylenus (about to jump over to the questions next!)

destro
Tue, Aug-06-02, 17:11
Welcome!

I know that you will get lots of information and support here (I have!) Like you, I avoided the LC way of eating for years. Although it's too early to call myself a "success story" I know that I am doing better: My cholesterol and trigylercides have gone down significantly since I started Low-Carbing and my HDL (good cholesterol) went up a little.

It's good to see you here,

Natalie

alby
Tue, Aug-06-02, 17:27
Hey there, I have been reading over this forum for a while and have started LC today. I have tried it once and failed miserably. My problem is I am a flight attendant and do you know how hard it is to LC when you are on a plane for 10 hours a day? Not easy....But, I am gonna just have to suck it up. I would love any suggestions anyone has.
thanks

shaylenus
Wed, Aug-07-02, 10:12
thanks for the welcome Natalie! It's wonderful to hear "on-going" success stories, too.

to Alby, I'm starting day 3, I don't have any suggestions for your 10 hour flights except to pack your own food! (like you hadn't already thought of that already) just wanted to respond and wish you well as you embark on this journey.

shaylenus

Princesspp
Wed, Aug-07-02, 20:41
You definatly stumbled into a most excellent site .. the people here really know their stuff .. and we're all in the same boat ... :D

Then, of course .. there's people like me ..

don't know much about the technical stuff, but come in, have fun, and learn something all at the same time :D

I'm also part of the CHEERING :cheer: squad .... :D

Hope to see you around ..
and hope to talk later
:rheart:

alby
Wed, Aug-07-02, 23:14
Thankyou so much for your input, everyone's input. I am off to the friendly skies, or not so friendly these days. wish me lots of luck.