PDA

View Full Version : any uk exercise buddies out there?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

emmakateuk
Tue, Aug-06-02, 15:21
Hi I'm only one and 1/2 weeks into the Atkins diet and have lost 9lbs so far. I have no problems with the eating/cooking on this diet but have severe motivational issues when it comes to exercise - basically i'm lazy and would love to buddy with someone to go jogging with - I need someone to force me to do it!!! lol :roll:

LittleAnne
Thu, Aug-08-02, 15:07
Hi Emma and welcome to the forum from another UK member.

Great news on that 9 pound loss. :cheer:

Getting motivated to do exercise can be a problem. I was basically a couch potato and had done toning tables for around 9 years. However, 3 months after starting Atkins I got back into the swimming pool on holiday, after 20 years, and then decided when I came home I needed to do more. So I joined the local health club. Starting from a very low level of fitness I have improved gradually. I also joined a couple of classes, body pump and aqua aerobics. These are good fun as you mix with others an are not too strenuous.

Might I suggest that you either check out a gym or health club near you or look at notice boards, or ask in the library about local exercise classes. I am sure that there will be something to appeal to you.

Every success for the future.