PDA

View Full Version : need support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

allybibu
Tue, Aug-06-02, 04:46
Hi everyone! :wave:

i have gained some weight lately and would like to start the atkins's diet tomorrow. i am not a strong willed person.

I tried Atkins around a year or 2 ago and dropped some pounds. i didn't continue coz i missed my carbs (i am a carbohydrate addict).

I am not seriously overweight, but I am in serious depression because i am always unhappy with myself. I started having eating disorder a year ago coz i can't stop eating my carbs...and induce myself to vomiting afterwards.... :tears:

Then the Atkins diet pops up my mind again. i want to give it one more try, see if this could help me lose some weight, get rid of my eating disorder....and perhaps, depression...

I want to get all the support i need to fight my depression, and lose weight.

Thnx

damaraq
Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:10
Hello Ally and welcome.

I am concerned for you with the message you wrote. I would highly suggest you see your doctor before you begin any diet. Atkin's insists on this and given the fact you are dealing with an eating disorder AND also beleive you have a depression problem, I would suggest you make an appointment.

You may have an easier time of dealing with the pounds you want to lose if you first deal with the medical problems you have. Unfortunately, while losing weight may make you feel better, it will in no way cure your eating disorder or depression.

There are people and support groups out there that can help you through these issues.

Good luck,

damaraq :roll:

lisaf
Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:14
allybibu --

It sounds to me like you are facing some challenges that go beyond something that losing weight will fix. I certainly hope that you are getting some help for your disordered eating...if you aren't, might I gently suggest you seek some counselling to help with your depression? Solving some the problems "inside" will probably go a long way towards helping how you perceive yourself from the outside.

I wish you the best of luck...

Lisa

allybibu
Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:33
Hi Damaraq and Lisaf,

really thank you for the prompt replies.

...i don't know what to say...I have been fighting the problem for a long time.......i didn't have the eating disorder problem when i first started the diet around 2 years ago when i get to my ideal weight....that's why i thought it might be a good idea if i start the diet again.

i am well aware of my problem and am taking every positive step to pick myself up...i know i care too much about my "appearance"...

let me give it a try one more time...with time and an adjusted lifestyle, i am sure my eating disorder will go away, as it did, some years ago...

Once again, i thank you for your concern :thup:

Ally (bibu, my new malese puppy's name :D )