PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaa!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

culliallen
Sat, Aug-03-02, 07:34
I was doing soooo well...I was low carbing and not smoking...I don't have a lot of weight to lose, thanks to low-carbing most of my adult life...but i wanted to quit smoking and NOT gain weight...

Well...everything was fine...I was losing a little, and didn't even want to smoke, when...both ends started to drop...I cheated on both the ciggarettes and the diet.

In the last three days I've both cheated a little on the diet...i dunno...a little bread...oh, yeah...and some COOKIES about three days ago!....sigh.

and THEN I smoked some ciggarettes....i didn't even want them...it was like self-punishment.

one little fight with my husband and i get self destructive.

Well...it's a beautiful day to look forward to...a Saturday!...we're going to a picnic with swimming and softball and volleyball (uhm...forget THAT, though) and a dinner with PRIME RIb...

AND tomorrow we're getting a puppy (see "Beagle Bob..."not Bailey as was previously proposed).

So...Life is Good! On with the good fight!

Best to All :wave:
culli

tofi
Sun, Aug-11-02, 15:55
Now give yourself a pat on the back for getting back to both not smoking and eating low carb. That's the way to live.

Yesterday is over, tomorrow is unreachable. Only today is available for work. You are so lucky to be that close to your goal. There are so many wonderful foods that you can now begin to introduce into your eating. I still have a long way to go. I hope you are reading the Pre-maintenance section of the Atkins book.

You also recognize that something emotional precipitated the going off both plans. That is the first step to being able to change your responses. Both smoking and eating are used by us to try and sooth some hurt feelings and comfort ourselves.

Try to figure out other ways of comforting those hurts and then deal with them directly. I know, easier said than done. But we are all trying to change our responses to stress, fatigue and emotion. Read some of the journals to see other people's struggles.

All the best.
:wave: