PDA

View Full Version : angry w/ Dr. S's ofc!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carberrys
Thu, Aug-01-02, 18:18
Dr. S's office has a very long-winded voice mail message, explaining the options, ranging from $500 to $110, the latter for "one hour w/nutritionist." You have to "apply" and this I did, for the nutritionist, since I am happy w/my own doctors, covered incidently by insurance. Got a call today--I'm only eligible for the full $500 visit (one hour w/Dr., one hour w/dietition, one hour w/nutritionist)! Just can't do it. I plan to appeal--as soon as I can talk to a live body! BYW: what is the difference between dietition and nutritionist?

ORNurse
Thu, Aug-01-02, 20:34
Anyone can become a nutritionist by taking a few courses, paying some money, and signing a certificate.

A DIETICIAN is REGISTERED through the AMERICAN DIETETIC ASSOCIATION and has gained a BS degree and complete one-year of supervised practice.

Sounds like Dr. S. is busy making money, too! :)

Linda

Trudy
Fri, Aug-02-02, 14:14
I understand your disappointment, but if it's covered by insurance, I'd go for it! What part of the $500 would you have to pay?

I wish I lived close enough to make an appointment! What a great opportunity!

Trudy

carberrys
Fri, Aug-02-02, 16:51
Talked to the office today. Unbending. I asked whether ANYONE was able to see the nutritionist--as indicated in the voice message--without seeing the Dr. et al. first, and the answer was no, that the Dr. reviewed the very-minimal application--not a health history at all--and made the determination about the initial appointment and, surprise, surprise, ALL applicants needed the full appt. Won't be covered by insurance.