PDA

View Full Version : Induction questions

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deze
Thu, Aug-01-02, 16:58
Hi! I am new to this kind of support forum relating to weight and such. Anyhow, hoping someone can answer some questions for me.

I have done induction for 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds.. I would like to lose another 10.

Questions: In following the instructions for induction, Dr. A says you can eat 20 grams of carbs, yet if I follow the instructions for 2 cups salad, and 1 cup other veg that is far less than 20 g of carbs... even including the 3-4 ounce of allowable cheese and the 2-3 of cream. Am I missing out on something, or can I eat more veg to equal 20? (that would be nice!!!)

hope to hear from someone!!!

SooCee
Thu, Aug-01-02, 17:09
Hello and welcome!!

Well some veggies and cheese could have more carbs then others. In the end you usually get about 20 g of carbs. Even if you don't it might be good to get less anyway!! Good Luck!

SooCee :wave:

lesleyc
Thu, Aug-01-02, 18:13
hi Deze,

SooCee is right that not all veges have the same carb count. For example cauliflower is higher than lettuce. The 2-3 cups is a guide that Dr A provides to make life easier. If you know that all your carbs added up still don't come to 20g then definitely you can and should add some more in :thup:

Less than 20 on an ongoing basis is not too good and probably won't help you losse weight any faster. Our bodies, especially our brains have to have some carbohydrate and 20g is abut the minimum we need.

make sure you are counting all the bits and pices in...eggs, cream, coffee etc all have some carbs in, and those little bits and pieces can add up pretty quick.

Hope that helps

Lesley

deze
Thu, Aug-01-02, 20:24
Thanks for your replies...
its exciting to get them actually (yes, I do have a life outside of this.. but this helps to keep the motivation up, and have support!)

Okay, so I can eat more and just keep track, thats great~!

now I guess I will go have a snack!
ciao
d