PDA

View Full Version : I cheated a bit today..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LCD1962
Thu, Aug-01-02, 00:07
I must say I LOVE the Endulge Atkins bars and because I had a bad case of the munchies today along with a sweet tooth attack, I had three Endulge bars, ARGGH! The label says count them as Net 2 carbs for each bar but since they contain mannitol I know I screwed up. I have definitely lost inches and fat but I guess I just got bored today with my foods. Any encouragement out there?? I also got scared today after becoming short of breath alot so I had an EKG which turned out normal but my Doc detected a possible heart murmur so now I have to get an Echo Cardiogram, keep your fingers crossed for me. I definitely will continue Induction for at least another week after this one which would total three weeks I would have been on Induction.
Appreciate you all's support!

ptjody
Thu, Aug-01-02, 05:05
Sorry to hear of your health, but keep your chin up. Hang in there with the induction. I know for myself it was easier because my husband and two sons also joined me on it and we have now lost a total of 128 pounds since May 6th. I cannot believe how easy it is to have the weight practically fall off.

I too have cheated now and again with eating a "no-no", but overall I have found it tends to shock my system when I am stalled and I return to losing again.

Good Luck! :wave:

tofi
Sun, Aug-11-02, 16:09
I wonder if you shouldn't go to a higher carb level as Atkins suggests after the 2 weeks? Losing weight fast is less important than giving your body what it needs. A higher carb level might be necessary for you, given the breathlessness. That can be part of the carb withdrawal and is easily managed by increasing the good carbs by 5 or 10 grams per day. Induction is not easy to go through. Be easy on your heart. Doing something too fast might not be a good idea. It will take time to lose, so start learning the patience you will need.

The bars say only 2 carbs but many people find that they stall because of the "sugar alcohols". If you search for that phrase on this board, you'll find threads that discuss the effects.

For "sweet cravings", try taking L-glutamine tablets. Or eat some with protein. For instance: cream cheese with artificial sweetener and cinnamon or cocoa; homemade whipped cream on a few berries; cream butter w/ cocoa powder & a couple of packages of sweetener & eat with some macadamias. The last one handles sweet or chocolate cravings for me.

:wave: