PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MelissaB
Wed, Jul-31-02, 20:43
Just wated to say Hello and get in on some of the discussions. I just finished my first full day on Atkins.

Would appreciate any and all advise on what to expect these first two weeks......... I "bottom out" in the middle of the afternoon. Thankfully I work for my Husband and he lets me nap.

I really started restricting my Carbs on Monday when I bought my book. Today is the first offical day on Atkins because I just got through Chapter 11 last night. I didn't know what to do or not do yet.

Thanks So Much,
Melissa

:wave: :wave:

GLHB~Rinoa
Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:04
Hi Millisa! :wave:
Gald you foined this forum :thup: I am pretty new to this forum about 5 days. But not new to Atkins. At first when you start any Low carb program you will feel yucky sometimes for the first few days. Your body is adjusting to its new way of eating. Sometimes we are getting over old addictions. like caffeen or High carb foods. we may be tired or have a head ach. But it should go away in a few days. Buy reading differant ones journals you can pick up on some new ideas that can be helpful to you. I may suggest starting your own journal. Not only is that helpful for you to monitor your food. But differant ones can come peek in on you and offer encouragment and you will find new buddies that can relate to what your going threw. Up top of this thread you will see a orange bar going across the top. there is a site to click on to that has some nice recipes you'll love to try. Plus visiting others journals you can get ideas from them on what they eat. Do you have a Dr. Book? Well, Take care and great low carbing!
Come visit me at my journal. Just click on the icon on the bottom of tmy post that says journal. Stop in and say Hi!

Kristine
Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:06
:cheer: :thup: ! It can be a pain at first, but your body will adjust. Just be sure you're getting your suppliments, your vegetables, your water and your sleep. ;)

Cheers!