PDA

View Full Version : new to you...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mich-n-ok
Wed, Jul-31-02, 13:46
Hello to everyone out there! I am just jumping in to say "hello" and to introduce myself.

My name is michelle, and i am a mom and an english/drama teacher. I have struggeld with my weight ALL of my life. I think the only time I wasn't chunky was about age 6. Anyway, through reading Atkin's I have discovered the benefits of the low-carb lifestyle.

I was recently diagnosed as ADHD, but after my research and after being on Atkin's for two weeks of induction, I now know that I was actually suffering from hyperinsulin. I am now in a much better state of mental alertness and have lost 7 lbs!! I only rarely miss sugar and have found this the most natural way to eat. So much so that I felt guilty and sure that it could not possibly work.

Anyway, I am convinced, yet also amazed at how many mainstream "health-nuts" look down their noses at this nutritional approach. I mentioned it on a fitness centered web-site and some of the responses I got were down-right rude.
What gives?

Love and Blessings,

michelle :roll:

lesleyc
Wed, Jul-31-02, 14:24
Hi Michelle and welcome :wave:

unfortunate;y with all the low fat high carb indoctrination that goes on out there, we are still in a minority...but growing fast :D

People start to pay attention once your success starts to show...so as they say, the proof is in the pudding :D

Don't worry though, you are definitely among supporters here

Lesley

damaraq
Sat, Aug-03-02, 10:25
Hi Michelle,

It sure does make you wonder how many other children as well as adults who are misdiagnosed could have their problems cleared up with eating differently.

I don't think this kind of diet (even though it has been around for as long as I can remember) is widely accepted by those in the medical community who need to rethink what they have learned over the years. I think publicity and good old fashioned back to the drawing table research will help change peoples minds.

Good luck

damaraq :roll: