PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks?!?!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DK141612
Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:22
Anybody getting stretch marks? I just started noticing them. What should I use to get rid of them. They look really nasty.

joseph1980
Thu, Aug-15-02, 15:48
hey, i know what you mean about stretch marks. There's no real way of getting rid of them, the only options you have is making them less noticable. I use vitamin e on them and tanning. Also to prevent them in the future you should stretch and warm up before working out.

DK141612
Fri, Aug-16-02, 16:57
thanks for your help.

Ivory
Mon, Aug-26-02, 21:14
As you lose weight, they'll fade, but yeah, Vitamin E cream is supposed to be the best thing for them.

aggieamy
Sun, Sep-15-02, 21:46
they make a new cream called mederma .. you might want to check that out

slimchance
Sun, Sep-22-02, 13:51
I've been told that rubbing vitamin E capsules on them helps, but they will also fade in time.

Good luck!!

KC :)

Link_nz
Tue, Nov-26-02, 17:45
Scrub them :)

+ Vit E :D

skatrmom
Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:57
hey, Dk, i know all about stretch marks, did they happen all of a sudden or gradually, I know some one that it happened to them all of a sudden, I was told by my sister inlaw nurse, that it was a "hormone" thing going on, and there's not much u can do , other than use cream or tanning, they've faded alittle but not completely, maybe that's not your case? skatrmom

sknymonkey
Thu, Oct-16-03, 12:55
Shea butter is what a lot of women swear by to prevent them. Pregnant women have been using it for ages on tummies. It will also help fade the old ones, but not completly.
I have heard Mederma is great, but it is sooooo expensive!

DannysMom3
Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:24
I can vouch for the "nothing helps stretch marks" remark someone made. Nothing, but nothing, has helped them go away except for time and a LOT of patience. They are extremely yucky looking - I have them on my tummy from being pregnant with my son, and I got them on my hips from being a teenager and my thighs from too much ice cream. I have tried Retin-A, and cocoa butter and nothing has ever worked for me. They will fade with time, unfortunatly it takes too dang long!

epiphany
Thu, Nov-13-03, 15:33
Does anyone have anymore info on mederma? I've never heard of it myself... and honestly I think my self esteem would be so much better if I didn't have the stretch marks :(

sknymonkey
Thu, Nov-13-03, 21:32
I've heard that if your willing to spend the money, it can reduce the appearance more than anything else, but still not very much. The problem is that one little tube can cost 20 bucks, and you have to use so much that it won't last very long.

Sterlina
Sun, Nov-16-03, 09:51
Actually theres supposed to be a new cream out (I have it) called Strivectin.. the cheapest place to get it is Ebay.. Ive been using it for a few months now..(bought one tube, and still not even 1/3 through it, it lasts forever) and Ive seen a significant reduction in my stretch marks.... good luck!

CrissyBell
Thu, Dec-22-05, 17:49
just wanted to put this idea out there to all of you who suffer from stretch marks. there is this site called skin biology. there is a bunch of information about getting rid of stretch marks. cheers you guys and good luck!

kap904
Mon, Jan-16-06, 16:13
man, i thought i was the only one who had them bad enough to complain.

I've seen tanninig mentioned... any reccomendations on lotions that might help?

Malishka31
Wed, Apr-05-06, 19:11
i have had them for as long as i remeber, i think since i was 12 or something... for a long long time.

they NEVER GO AWAY. so learn to love them

then, tan, and rub palmersbody on them religiously, ... as in after every shower,.... but dont over tan, ...anyhow you can reach a point where they almost blend in ... but they never go away...they sort of turn a clear color when they "heal".

epix
Thu, Apr-06-06, 14:21
ya, ive lost ALOT so far and still have them, but really they aren't as bad as I thought they would be..

I am glad I decided to start losing the weight while still young than when I was older.

my skin tone is pretty pale and the stretch marks blend in pretty well. I still got another ~50lbs to lose so hopefully everything works out :)

epix
Thu, Apr-06-06, 14:33
oh, you ever heard of 'dry brushing' i heard that works pretty well..

nosuga4me
Wed, Apr-19-06, 21:22
Dry brushing, tanning, and neutrogena and cream are what I use, and my stretch marks are barely noticeable. A slight shade lighter than my skin.